• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

RGB led speaker lights for 222xd

xxICEMANxx84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
For those of you who just got a 222x model boat. All of the speakers are fitted with RGB led lights. I just purchased a spool of rgb wire from Amazon and a led controller from crutchfield by wet sounds. I'll be wiring everything up this weekend. I just took delivery of the boat yesterday. I'll attach pictures of the finished product.20230406_152051.jpg

Last edited:
just got my 222XD. What can you do with the RGB led lights?

just got my 222XD. What can you do with the RGB led lights?
I got a spool of rgb wire on Amazon and a Bluetooth RGB controller and wired up my speakers

20230406_152051.jpg
Sorry for the late update. I forgot that I had posted this ?. My bad. I'll try and get more pictures if I remember.

Last edited:
What / how did you wire the power to? I’ve seen approaches to Navigation or Courtesy Lights… I have a 2023 AR220 and installing Kicker 45KM654L for context

Last edited:
What / how did you wire the power to? I’ve seen approaches to Navigation or Courtesy Lights… I have a 2023 AR220 and installing Kicker 45KM654L for context
I connected my kicker controller to the courtesy lights. Works fine with 8 speakers. The RGB doesn’t pull much at all. Since I used combo speaker and RGB wire I put a fuse box in where I can tie in additional RGBs when I get around to it
1683593906627.jpeg

Last edited:
I wired my to the auxiliary switch so that I can turn on the lights without having to power on the boat

I'm also getting LED speakers and possibly additional RGB lighting, I'd like to be able to turn the LEDs on an off with the courtesy lights. My understanding is that I should use a separate controller for the LEDs and somehow connect it to the courtesy light circuit. What does this connection look like and what type of controller?

For those of you who just got a 222x model boat. All of the speakers are fitted with RGB led lights. I just purchased a spool of rgb wire from Amazon and a led controller from crutchfield by wet sounds. I'll be wiring everything up this weekend. I just took delivery of the boat yesterday. I'll attach pictures of the finished product.View attachment 197974
Hi was it difficult to fish the wiring through for the RGB speaker lights for all the speakers I just got a 222xd and confirmed by removing a speaker that the wet sound speakers have the capability to be wired for RGB lighting

its not bad. recommend you have a steel fish which makes it easier. WEAR long sleeves, the fiberglass is nasty and bites.

I'm also getting LED speakers and possibly additional RGB lighting, I'd like to be able to turn the LEDs on an off with the courtesy lights. My understanding is that I should use a separate controller for the LEDs and somehow connect it to the courtesy light circuit. What does this connection look like and what type of controller?

If you have a 222x it already has RGB speakers all you have to do is wire them. After that you need to connect them to an RGB controller. EPBOWPT RGB/RGBW LED Strip Light Bluetooth Controller. Google it this is the one I got. And attach that power to what ever power source you want. I can't speak on your boat because I don't know what you have
its not bad. recommend you have a steel fish which makes it easier. WEAR long sleeves, the fiberglass is nasty and bites.
Exactly. I used an old metal hangar with some tape on the end of it. Gloves and long sleeves is a must though. I wired mine to one of the spair auxiliary switches and they work great.

When you say you wired it to the spare aux switch (or courtesy switch) what did you wire to that, the +12v power side? Or is there an on/off function on the controller that you connect to the switch and have the power wired to the house switch?

I wired the 12v pos to the aux from the Bluetooth controller and that is my on/off because I wanted to be able to run those lights without having to have the ignition switch on.

For those of you who just got a 222x model boat. All of the speakers are fitted with RGB led lights. I just purchased a spool of rgb wire from Amazon and a led controller from crutchfield by wet sounds. I'll be wiring everything up this weekend. I just took delivery of the boat yesterday. I'll attach pictures of the finished product.View attachment 197974
So the speakers already have the lights in them and just need wires ran to a power source??? How about the tower speakers?

I connected my kicker controller to the courtesy lights. Works fine with 8 speakers. The RGB doesn’t pull much at all. Since I used combo speaker and RGB wire I put a fuse box in where I can tie in additional RGBs when I get around to it
View attachment 199397
I wanted to connect mine to the helm or courtesy lights, but I’m not sure which wires are either. Can you help me out?

I wanted to connect mine to the helm or courtesy lights, but I’m not sure which wires are either. Can you help me out?
Let me see if I have a pic. I used the hot on the switch on the dash.

Sor

sorry I was thinking of my other boat. On the Yamaha I used the remote wire from the HU to the amps as my hot. Ground to the ground bar.
On the other boat I used the hot from the courtesy lights - back side of the switch. Or option 3, you could add a simple toggle switch and power the switch from your positive bar and ground to the negative. Just be sure to add a fuse in line.
1710614721276.png

Back