• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon Delete 2018 AR195

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Finally got enough courage to do it. Lake tested today all good. About 100-200 higher RPM but max speed not changed much. Engine sounds deeper/throater. Maybe a bit better acceleration.

Installed a Fizzle/Tial BOV as well.

Was not an easy installation for me since I was am a novice but I did a lot of research so knew what to expect. Required fuel rail disconnect, wiring harness, manifold remove and ribbon drilled out. Used the Riva kit with hole saw. The blow off valve I tapped into the manifold. I am using a flame arrestor intake filter to still be USCG approved.

Is it worth it? For me yes, it’s not a huge difference but if you like to eek every bit of performance out than I would say yes.
62E0FCA3-BBF6-43A5-9275-39CE6A5A2200.jpeg0EB1366B-B706-4DA1-83F2-97987EB35E7A.jpeg3A2D3B08-39CE-4775-91EE-F5C237B515BB.jpeg61118AD0-E693-477B-A880-D37BF6A1FB9E.jpeg

Last edited:

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I haven't been following the ribbon delete threads too closely but what is it supposed to do for you? Increase the top end/max speed? Or increase performance across the board? Thanks.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The ribbon slows down airflow. Removing the ribbon helps the engine breathe better. For you all with superchargers, it won't make a difference on the top end as the SC will ram the air in. But it will give you a little bit more power at lower rpms when the SC is barely spinning.

It's a no-brainer for the NA engines as it's a simpler operation and w/o an SC anything we can do to increase flow makes a difference.