• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

rod/cup holders

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased couple of the Amarine cup/rod holders for my AR240 off Ebay. I was hoping to do the 30 degree ones on the upper part of the swim deck and actually purchased the Mate Series ones. It looked as though there would be no issue installing them there after a visual inspection thru the clean-out access, I was surprised when I removed the top cup holder to find the resonators there partially obstructing the route for the pole extension... :banghead:

Anyway, 30 degrees is to much for the lower cup for what I have planned (super awesome shade), so the Mate Series are being returned. And 15 degree Amarine are going in. The look comparable and at ~$35 each I'm getting a good refund! :greedy: Great find, thanks!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@J-RAD, could you post a link to the product?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@J-RAD, those are awesome!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Amarine cup/rod holders arrived today. I had time to rough fit one of them. They seem like a worthy alternative to the Mate Series version. Both are heavy duty gauge stainless steel. The differences are:
  1. Cup diameter
    • Amarine version has a slightly larger than stock cup diameter requiring the holes in the deck to be enlarged slightly.
    • Alternatively the Mate Series require a slightly smaller than stock hole.
  2. Rod tube diameter - Amarine version also seemr to have a slightly larger diameter rod reciever tube (+ 1/16"-1/8"). 1-5/8" I believe is what the description referenced.
  3. Amarine holder has a tight fitting hard rubber liner
I think both products would end up being comparable in terms of the labor required to install them. As my intentions from the beginning have been to reinforced the relatively send fiberglass by backing it with a 1/4" piece of plastic (probably a cheap cutting board) glued to the underside.

After widening the hole. Favored the swim deck side to allow straighter installation of the cup/ rod. Notice the structure below. The 15 degree angled rod holders clear it nicely by rotating the cup slightly.
20180626_203755.jpg

Couple of pics showing the the slight angle required to clear the underlying structure.
20180626_203828.jpg

20180626_203718.jpg

Overall, I'd recommend saving yourself some money and go with these Amarine cup/rod holders.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased couple of the Amarine cup/rod holders for my AR240 off Ebay. I was hoping to do the 30 degree ones on the upper part of the swim deck and actually purchased the Mate Series ones. It looked as though there would be no issue installing them there after a visual inspection thru the clean-out access, I was surprised when I removed the top cup holder to find the resonators there partially obstructing the route for the pole extension... :banghead:

Anyway, 30 degrees is to much for the lower cup for what I have planned (super awesome shade), so the Mate Series are being returned. And 15 degree Amarine are going in. The look comparable and at ~$35 each I'm getting a good refund! :greedy: Great find, thanks!
Here's my shade install which uses my cup/ rod holders for support poles.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-awesome-shade.19699/

MATESERIES

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Amarine cup/rod holders arrived today. I had time to rough fit one of them. They seem like a worthy alternative to the Mate Series version. Both are heavy duty gauge stainless steel. The differences are:
  1. Cup diameter
    • Amarine version has a slightly larger than stock cup diameter requiring the holes in the deck to be enlarged slightly.
  2. Rod tube diameter - Amarine version also seemr to have a slightly larger diameter rod reciever tube (+ 1/16"-1/8"). 1-5/8" I believe is what the description referenced.
I think both products would end up being comparable in terms of the labor required to install them. As my intentions from the beginning have been to reinforced the relatively send fiberglass by backing it with a 1/4" piece of plastic (probably a cheap cutting board) glued to the underside.

After widening the hole. Favored the swim deck side to allow straighter installation of the cup/ rod. Notice the structure below. The 15 degree angled rod holders clear it nicely by rotating the cup slightly.
View attachment 77570

Couple of pics showing the the slight angle required to clear the underlying structure.
View attachment 77571

View attachment 77572

Overall, I'd recommend saving yourself some money and go with these Amarine cup/rod holders.
Are they rusting yet?

MATESERIES

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A-Marine is a Chinese knockoff company who sell their products only on Ebay...hmmm.
Mate Series has 7 USA patents...not cheap so, either are our products.
Those things will be awesome someday when the patent expires so we stop being reamed over $100 for them.
reamed...hahah

MATESERIES

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No im 2nd guessing trying to return the 2 I bought.

If that area drains to the bilge, then I wouldn't be apposed to cutting off 2" from the bottom and putting a stainless 1/4-20 bolt across the bottom.

These rod holders are made real nice. Heavy feeling and the insert seems durable.

The price was great to boot.
rusting yet?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are they rusting yet?
It's been covered up for a couple of months now, but the last time a looked they were still looking good. I'll update if I do notice a change.

Edit:
@MATESERIES I don't doubt the quality of your product. If there A-Marine knock offs fail then I'll either trade up and purchase your version or buy the ones I've got a 2nd or 3rd time...

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A-Marine is a Chinese knockoff company who sell their products only on Ebay...hmmm.

reamed...hahah
Welcome Aboard, love your product, glad you joined us but cannot justify the price!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cool, another condescending manufacturer who makes it easy not to give them money.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

reamed...hahah
this social media strategy just left a sour taste in my mouth. I had no opinion on your company,,,,,now I have a negative one. Good Job!!!

JetGirl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
  1. Cup diameter

View attachment 77570

View attachment 77571

View attachment 77572

Nice shade which brought me to your cup holder thread. I tried the same thing today, but noticed that the new rod cup holder, in this case Mate Series 15 degrees with drain, goes deeper into the hole. How did you reconnect the drain tube? Or did you forego a drain tub in your install? And how do you install the drain tube while installing the rod holder? Perhaps the white little drain comes off? Thank you for the link to the shade manufacturer. Looks great !

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice shade which brought me to your cup holder thread. I tried the same thing today, but noticed that the new rod cup holder, in this case Mate Series 15 degrees with drain, goes deeper into the hole. How did you reconnect the drain tube? Or did you forego a drain tub in your install? And how do you install the drain tube while installing the rod holder? Perhaps the white little drain comes off? Thank you for the link to the shade manufacturer. Looks great !
I took some rubber tubing and routed the drains to the center of the rear cleanly access. I coupled them with a T-fitting and into the deck drain/scupper hose and fixed them to the hose with zip ties. Using this method allows you to connect the lengths of tubing prior to installing the cup/rod holders and route them to the Verte of the access hatch where you can access them. The existing drain can be made to drain the other remaining cup on its own.

JetGirl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thank you J-Rad. I have a '22 195S and the drain routing is a bit different not to mention access. Nonetheless, I get the idea and reviewed with my mechanic. Already mocked up the shade for lengths and look forward to having a setup such as yours. Happy Summer :cool: