• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

rod/cup holders

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any eperience with the combo rod/cup holders?
Do these require any extra drilling or do you simply just replace the existing cup holder?
Any recommendations?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any eperience with the combo rod/cup holders?
Do these require any extra drilling or do you simply just replace the existing cup holder?
Any recommendations?
Those things will be awesome someday when the patent expires so we stop being reamed over $100 for them.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
$30 on ebay.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought 2 of these off of Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222425484326?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I plan on putting these as replacements on my swim deck. I tried to test fit one last night and I need to enlarge the existing hole just a little bit. I plan on using a file to remove some material. Connecting the tube for the drain at the bottom might be an issue as the tube will def have a crazy bend.
I can post some pictures on this thread as I go.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jeff_s @blacksapphirez thanks for the eBay link. The swimdeck location seems perfect for those ... how import is reconnecting the drain tube? Assume any water intrusion is just going to find itself (without the tube) down to the main plug for future manual draining (when I remove the main plug) ... right?

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good point. I am going to run some water into the cup holder hole when I install the new rod holder and see where the water goes.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I don't think there is a draine tube on cup holders... there is an area where the water pools under the swim platform on either side of the bilge but I don't worry too much about it. if you really want to, connect a drain tube to the bilge area

I would however check clearance of the rod holder since it goes further down than a standard cup holder.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think there is a draine tube on cup holders... there is an area where the water pools under the swim platform but I don't worry too much about it. if you really want to connect a drain tube to the bilge area

I would however check clearance of the rod holder since it goes further down than a standard cup holder.

On my 2017 AR210, there is a tube for the drain water.

But your 2nd point...I am a little worried about the clearance for the rod holders. The new ones go down far into that space.

I can't even test fit since I need to ream out the hole 1st.

I'm thinking I could hot glue a dowel rod to my existing cup holder to Mimick up the new cup holder. To see if it hits anything.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like I struck out with these eBay rod holder/cup holder combos.
I mocked one up out of scrap wood and it won't fit...
IMG_2808.JPG IMG_2810.JPG IMG_2812.JPG

This kinda sucks. I'm just looking to fly a flag without having to take it down when I'm crossing under the low bridges.

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jeff_s Can you measure the distance from the top of the holder all the way down to where the drain line connection is. Wondering if the 242 has any more clearance than the 240

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_2814.JPG

You can see the height from the drain tube drain hole on the outside
IMG_2816.JPG
@jeff_s Can you measure the distance from the top of the holder all the way down to where the drain line connection is. Wondering if the 242 has any more clearance than the 240
5" to the top of the drain tube
8" to bottoming outIMG_2813.JPGIMG_2815.JPG

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jeff_s can you cut 2" off the bottom (assuming will still be a functioning rod holder at the shorter length) and then drill 2 (criss-cross) and tread some bolts to create a new bottom to hold the rods? Seems like a reasonable way out??

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s can you cut 2" off the bottom (assuming will still be a functioning rod holder at the shorter length) and then drill 2 (criss-cross) and tread some bolts to create a new bottom to hold the rods? Seems like a reasonable way out??
I am contemplating that. I just wonder where the water goes in that cavity?

I sprayed some some from my hose with the drain plug off. But nothing came out. I might not of sprayed enough water tho.

Btw. I'm not holding rods with it. I'm holding a coolwaters 6' flag pole

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length