• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ronix 8.3 on a Yamaha...let's find out.

kent426

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
has anyone looked at the 2017 Eight.3 Ronix Wakesurf shaper?
They claim the following:
"This carbon fiber composite wedge easily mounts slightly below the water line on the outside of the boat near the stern. Place it on either the starboard or port side of your boat's hull to get a massive surf wave on the opposite side. Extensive testing on direct drives, v-drives, and jet boats shows any boat consistently produces an amazing wakesurf wave when coupled with this device and wakeboard ballast."

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nothing has changed on the new version that I can see.

Josh Cahoon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New to the jet boats. I just bought an 1100lb sack for the center locker and the 2017 Eight.3. Headed out next week to give it a try. Dialed in the depth for the Eight.3 tonight and will install in the morning. I will post some pics next week.

Talked to the Yamaha dealer and it was the setup he puts on his boats with an additional 350lb sack in each rear. I have enough body weight in the rear. Hoping for a surfable wake.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New to the jet boats. I just bought an 1100lb sack for the center locker and the 2017 Eight.3. Headed out next week to give it a try. Dialed in the depth for the Eight.3 tonight and will install in the morning. I will post some pics next week.

Talked to the Yamaha dealer and it was the setup he puts on his boats with an additional 350lb sack in each rear. I have enough body weight in the rear. Hoping for a surfable wake.
You're gonna need something to deal with the jet wash like a wake wedge. These boats you'll need to list them to get a wave so I would put that 1100 bag on the surf side rather than ski locker.

Josh Cahoon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We surfed on it last night with everything stock. We were able to get up no problem; however, there was not enough push beyond the wave to let go of the rope. The wave was not terrible. I will play with the placement of the bag and see what works the best. Thanks for the info.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same boat. You'll want that 1100 on the surf side plus at least another 1k in people or bags on the boat to displace enough water for a decent wave.

Also, a wedge took my wave from this
SurfWave1.jpg

to this
ykKmLtT.jpg

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't see if anyone had officially tested on a 192 yet... if not, I had my local dealer offer me a good deal to purchase it for testing and if it was an epic fail they would gladly take it back. I may jump on this if no one else has given it the test. That said, I will also need to pick up some ballast bags, which I don't have at the moment. Suggestions?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't seen anyone test with a 19ft yet....... ballast bags hit up Wakemakers.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was @jaybro72 190. We were at 750 bag plus 2 passengers and a driver. So maybe 1100 pounds on the surf side.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oops my fault! Good to know though. I'm just so cautious to purchase bags/pump/board and all that for a 192 and then have it be a complete fail.

Josh Cahoon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We bought the Ronix Eight.3 bags with the matching pump. It is fast. Has the port on the top that you drop the pump in to empty. We can fill 1100 lbs in a couple minutes. Very easy to fill and empty. Also lots of sizes.

I will be on the lake for 4 straight days starting Thursday. Plan to fine tune the wake. I think I will pick up two more 400 lb bags, one for each side. I'll post some pics for reference. Hope it works out.