• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rookie on the water

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm very curious what this means?
It doesn't mean anything, just a little falsehood he likes to drop in the middle of a run-on sentence. Both systems have their merits.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Plenty of folks on here have both systems and like/love them both. I have the Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters on my boat and love them.

I suggest you really reading the numerous reviews from dozens of people on here and then make a choice. Don't just order something, then cancel it and order something else on a whim...... Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
I find the TVs bend easily. If you spend time at a sand bar or back in very close to the beach, they are more prone to bending. The Cobras are much stronger, thicker and provide more flexibility on how much blade you want in the water. I had the TVs. Bought them shortly after purchasing the boat (dealer gave me a great price; couldn't refuse). After being on this forum and hearing about the Cobra products the decision was simple. IMO the TVs are way overpriced for what you're getting. With all that said, Yes the TVs work and they work great. Just explaining my observations.

JUSTAWHALEN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ok, So, first off i wanna thank everyone for their comments, opinions, and advise. After doing my research and reading what you all said, i realized my 2019 SX does not need lateral thrusts, which i was gonna purchase with the TVs. The Cobras are a little more money but are more durable and don't hang down below the rudder, Thank you Cobra Jet, I have purchased these and looking forward to putting these on asap. CHEERS everyone