• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water washing over the rear platform - I finally found my test videos from 2018

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watched the video and now I can see why there was discussion on how it was washing up . The title should have some designation on the model / boat length . The 24 foot boats at no wake speed have the lower swim platform partially under water. The water easily makes into the cleanout tray so its a model specific issue. If your boat has the oval removable inspection port this looks like it seals but does nothing to seal water from leaking into the lower portion of the boat . When you pull your drain plug and water comes out this is the first place to look . I have sealed up the tray with extra gasket material and screws no more salt water dumping down all over the hose clamps and fittings

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving an old thread, but it was mentioned here. Installing a check valve - does anyone know the proper size? My guess is 1/2”, but that’s purely off of my fuzzy memory. Was looking to pick one up and add it when I head back to the boat this weekend, as I’m in the process of replacing the hose clamps back there...

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dunno your plans for the area, but I'll suggest pulling the whole cleanout hatch as well, it'll give you way better access to the hose clamps you were already gonna replace, you can seal it off better (gasket, caulk, some other idea), and if you're feeling really productive, you could add towing shutoffs as well.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for what size the hose is though.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dunno your plans for the area, but I'll suggest pulling the whole cleanout hatch as well, it'll give you way better access to the hose clamps you were already gonna replace, you can seal it off better (gasket, caulk, some other idea), and if you're feeling really productive, you could add towing shutoffs as well.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for what size the hose is though.
Thanks. Yep, working on a few things (2nd bilge pump, some sound deading on the aft engine bulkhead) and I have pulled the tray.

How frequently do you use your tow valves? I have a hose clamp in my onboard tool kit, and not certain how often I would use the valves as the boat typically doesn’t sit in the water overnight.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How frequently do you use your tow valves? I have a hose clamp in my onboard tool kit, and not certain how often I would use the valves as the boat typically doesn’t sit in the water overnight.
I haven't put them in yet. The plan was to put them in this past fall, but cold weather moved in so quickly I had to put off several projects I was looking to complete. When I first got my boat, I bought two of these clamps which work perfectly fine, but it's one more thing I have to keep track of, which is why I'm looking at adding the valves.

Thankfully, I have not needed to be towed, but having it inline vs. a tool that someone can move all over the boat (or drop overboard somehow) is one less thing I want to have to worry about if/when the time comes to need them. I figure I'll be stressed enough at that point, anything to lessen that stress...

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a great box for $10. Thanks for sharing.

I'm using a "bag" that came with some dewalt tools years ago. It's not great.
I have issues similar to someone else here (you?) with water getting in, and any bag seems to get wet/mold/mildew. I agree that box is great for the price. The size is perfect as well, 15x8x12. Only problem for me is that currently the closest store with them in stock is 45 miles away! This almost guarantees I'll forget to pick one up for a few months. Somebody bump this to remind me in March 😁

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have issues similar to someone else here (you?) with water getting in, and any bag seems to get wet/mold/mildew. I agree that box is great for the price. The size is perfect as well, 15x8x12. Only problem for me is that currently the closest store with them in stock is 45 miles away! This almost guarantees I'll forget to pick one up for a few months. Somebody bump this to remind me in March 😁
Bump.
In the future, March is already here.
🤣

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, my boat leaks like a sieve, and when it's not leaking it's actively pumping water in. I'm learning to just live with it and keep the bilge pump in good condition. Bilge pumps are cheaper than therapy for the anxiety it causes me.