• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Guest, we are pleased to announce that Lectrotab (Linear Devices Corp.) has generously offered discounts on their most popular Trim Tab kits to members of this Forum via a group by that runs through Tuesday, March 31, 2020. ACT FAST...TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!! Lectrotab is offering 55% off on the list price of any Lectrotab Trim tab configuration you can dream up!

Click Here for more information>Lectrotab group buy for JetBoaters.net members only

You can dismiss this Notice by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>

Running speakers when engine is off

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a new AR240 (2020). Is there a way to keep the speakers on when the boat is off.

Weeb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I‘m not what your connext screen is on the newer AR on mine you just hold the soft key with the circle on it for a couple seconds and it kicks on

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do both batteries have to be in the “on” position ?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t have the same boat but would bet that you just need the house battery to power the stereo.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just leave one key in the one position. It’s using your house battery but I think you need both to be on to work

F.M.

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the older connext screens you just hold one of the 5 buttons below the screen down, when your key in the on position. When we drop anchor i just turn my engines off and the stereo stays on.

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do the speakers draw a lot of the battery ? Will a few hours on the sandbar Playing music kill my battery ?

Weeb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should be fine if you keep it plugged in to an on board battery charger when your not using it or run it long enough to charge the batteries afterwards.

Dean P

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do the speakers draw a lot of the battery ? Will a few hours on the sandbar Playing music kill my battery ?
All good advice here. But you should switch to number 2 battery if sitting and listening to music. The amount of time depends on your setup (number of speakers and amps) and how loud they're playing.
Number 1 battery is to start the boat (also called your start battery)
Number 2 battery is to keep the boat on to listen to music. This is called your house battery. This battery is also for reserve should your #1 need help to start.
You should invest in an on-board charger to keep them at full capacity. Check my sig for ideas. Good luck and have fun!!!

Oh, :Welcome: to the forum!!!

jacoviii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also most dealers do not send you out the door with the best batteries. If you add or replace a battery remember they need to be of the same size and type. ( amp hr/ AMG or Lead acid)

Ctheodores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So stock batteries and 4 JL speakers wired to the stock radio?? Would that be sufficient to run for a few hours every now and then? Boat is at a high and dry so an on board battery charger wouldn’t be feasible. I guess I can take both batteries home every other weekend and hook them up to my battery tender.