• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rusted out captain chair spring 2015 242 Limited S

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was a previous thread that went cold about this topic and the main outcome was to warranty the captains chairs but since most of us are now out of warranty has anyone come up with a way to fix the rusted out springs underneath both captains chairs on the 2015+ AR242 Limited S?

(Attached pictures credit goes to previous thread but we're having the same exact issue)
Previous thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/severely-corroded-captains-chairs.17166/page-4

Attachments

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Happened to me last year....bought new chairs :(

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No I bought ones from Leader...but they are definitely not as comfortable. I would have went with OEM had I known but there's not really anywhere to try them out first

Cmwoody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same problem. What did you eventually do? Looking at replacement chairs now for a 2016 sx240 with 50 hours.

They have an aluminum base bracket bolted to steel with stainless bolts. Major galvanic corrosion problem. This after picking up the boat last month from the dealer who had it sitting (outside & uncovered) for a year waiting on parts. 😩.

Has Yamaha waranteed seats for anyone with this problem?

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
preventative maintenance spray them with fluid film and keep the boat covered and out of rain storms and if you swim in salt water throw a towel on the seat to absorb the salt water. Is there any way to cut the them out and have nylon webbing stitched in the newer models now have nylon straps. Warranty ? On a 2015 unfortunately I don’t see that happening

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I agree with Cambo comments above, If you want to maintain a good running boat a good preventive maintenance program Is worth the time you put into it. In the long run it will save you money.. and less aggravating Talking about the captains chair I have been waiting for a new replacement chair on my new 252S for over one year from Yamaha. Numerous calls , letters and dealer follow up I get delivery dates but still no replacement captains seat very disappointed with Yamaha customer service..

n8dogger32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
preventative maintenance spray them with fluid film and keep the boat covered and out of rain storms and if you swim in salt water throw a towel on the seat to absorb the salt water. Is there any way to cut the them out and have nylon webbing stitched in the newer models now have nylon straps. Warranty ? On a 2015 unfortunately I don’t see that happening
We plan on an off season project. The boat is covered but used primarily in brackish water. If we come up with something (nylon webbing, replacement springs) I'll come back and post here. Open to ideas

We are good about preventative maintenance but didn't realize this was an issue until we discovered the rust stains on the floor.