• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sank my boat....

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow just read this Im amazed that boats don’t come with high water alarms it’s such a simple cheap electronic device. I had the rule water alarm float switch but on the new boat installed a cheap 9v powered model purchased on amazon set of three for $20

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kind of crazy that we pay for insurance for things like this but HEAVEN FORBID that we ever have to use it...... CANCELED!! Total BS.
And after such a painful experience you would think the affected insured would be way more careful than anyone else over the next year, and thankful they got paid too. Would seem to me to be a better risk, but they must know something we don't, their whole point is to make money with insurance, so I'm not sure what they are thinking. Anyway, my point is, I don't get it either why they would cancel after such a payout. Seems like a good time to keep that customer.

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, sorrow to hear that. I hit something once, not as bad as you, but headed for home immediately. Anybody ever hits something, BE THE ADULT, bilge pump on, life jackets on, head for home, days over, funs done, call it quits, safety first, GO HOME and take a look at the damage on a trailer or lift. Then if not too bad you can go back out!

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t love paying my insurance premiums but love having insurance. I’ve made, off memory, three claims over the last 10 years and got paid out about $21,000, $18,000 through Boat U.S. they never dropped me but after the first claim ( stolen boat and gear) which paid out $15,000 i sold a Waverunner and bought a new one, boat Us would not cover me on the new one. A few years later they invited me back. My premiums have increased over the years but so has my coverage. Currently I pay about $700 for the boat and $300 for each of two waverunners every year, Worth every penny so far. I don’t leave home towing without boat US road side assistance either. Damn I feel like Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials.

Anyway, @morgro269 , sorry to hear about the accident, $hit happens especially on the water (that is what insurance is for), glad no one was hurt and the boat got repaired, even though it took a while.

Last edited: