• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab or not?

Dirt squirt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
52 hours here on my 195 and it's been nothing but net! We just had it out last night for a sunset cruise. I might have had a couple of little things happen at first, but nothing I can even remember at this point. Heck, I've never even needed to clean weeds out of the intake. You can almost hear the motor go "pit-toey" as it spits them out the back. I did my own oil change/winterization last fall so there was a bit of an anxiety factor this spring when I fired her up, but I guess I did it right (thanks Scarab Mike, et. al. for the links) And as a lot of people have posted, the comfort/seating situation is much better on the Scarab vs. Yam. At least it was back when I was shopping a couple of years ago. So knock on wood, but I'm totally satisfied with mine.

Yoki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When comparing the Scarab with Yamaha or other jet boats, Scarab definitely has the flash and features down right. Great looking boats and the best swim platform out on the market. The rotax system gives you better power and handling with lots of knowledgeable people who have used them for years. I had a Sea Doo Speeders 215 with the same engine so getting a Scarab was easy for me (195 Impulse). The one major aspect that I wish Scarab had (that Yamaha has) is a port to access the impeller to clear out debris. With a single engine boat, you are paddling back to the dock to get the boat on a trailer, remove the jet deflector and hope you have a long enough plier or tool to get the debris removed. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with this boat.

Which model are you looking at getting?

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not. . . .
That boat is overloaded. Weight limit for passengers is 750lbs. Those guys are all over 200 and she isnt far behind!

Love my 165. Only 12 hours but great boat!

Getyourpoints

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have 20 hours on our 255 impulse wake edition and I am going to score it a "B". We traded in a 23x Regal so the lower quality finish work in the Scarab is a bummer but the look and preformance is great. We have already have chair cushions fall off because of plasic srew's (hr 6), scews were missing in the brackets holding in the windshield, The panneling on the wakeboard tower came undone on the 4th hour and the Bimini tour on the 5th hour (my regal bimini was solid for 5 years). The fire extinguisher's were not charged and the boat arrived 4 weeks late.
Positives
1. the layout
2. 58 mph
3. sound system
4. the wake
5. Better gas milage then we planned for
6. Easier to get in my boat lift
7. head turner with the lime green
8. lighter then my 2300 regal
9. it goes 58
10. it goes 58

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
SO FAR SO GOOD!!! A lot of positive questions at the sand bar. I love that I was driving through a really shallow area and someone told me to watch my stern it is low in that area. I drove right through with no issues.

tim maneval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love mine. I have a 2017 and not a 2014 or a 2015. I used to have a 2010 Yamaha (the first year that they came out with the 240 series). it was the same disaster that scarab 2014 boats are. I'd buy my scarab again. the jet boats are miles a better value and I need the scarab for closed engine system in salt water and the deeper free board is much nicer in choppy weather.