• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scupper

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for everyone being so helpful with sharing your experiences. My wife and Itackled this today. Mother Trucker did it suck. we're still married, but not on speaking terms.
It's always a good idea to water test the white hosing after youre done. Fill up the drain hose from up on the deck and hold the scupper closed...... look for leaks right around the hose and hose clamps. That hose gets brittle over time.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there still a scupper wrench list going? I've had my new scupper for over a year now but haven't been able to install it cuz I don't have a wrench to get the old one out.

Or anyone able to post a link of the wrench I'd need?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cleveland Steamer I believe this is the wrench a lot of people have used. I made one out of stainless steel when I did mine, but that was before I knew about this option.

mvermeesch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cleveland Steamer I believe this is the wrench a lot of people have used. I made one out of stainless steel when I did mine, but that was before I knew about this option.

That's the wrench I used yesterday, along with a pair of vice grips.

Wally234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I can't find the Atwood 66553 part anywhere. Has the part number changed or is there an alternative manufacturer part I can search for?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here you go. Amazon

Attachments

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I haven't purchased from any of these places, but I'd start with one of these. Might want to contact them to verify inventory if they don't specifically state it's in stock. Good luck

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When I bought mine a few weeks ago, some of the vendors on Amazon (in my case, PWC Parts and Harvard Marine) didn't have their inventory up to date and refunded my orders indicating they were out of stock after they sent me tracking information, lol. Third time was the charm (from CE Showroom) and I finally received it. Getting installed this fall! All those reports of crumbling plastic scuppers and near sinking events definitely convinced me this is an absolute must-have, especially since I'm creeping up on 3 seasons.

Wally234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
@Gym Amazon doesn't have this, save for one vendor with a very poor rating. I'd be surprised if they had the item even if one wanted to give them $155 for it.

@dgfreeze thanks for these leads, very helpful. Carolinaboatoutfitters was able to help me. There is an alternative manufacturer. Part linked, identical specs to atwood https://www.whitecapindustries.net/products/scupper-6553

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wally234 thats great to know, thanks for sharing!