• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Searay Searayder ,,,sport jet 90

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No problems starting ,, choke on ,, starts in 3 seconds,, no primer ball,, it has the auto injection unit to mix the oil. I'm not sure what is stock but mine has surface fire plugs; no gap to set.,, I use a laser point temp gage ($40) to check the running temp. of my outboards once a year.
what kind of temps are you getting with the laser gage?

mmgg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It depends on how cold the lake is(32-30f where I live),,, anywhere between 120 and 160f it cools off a bit as you go faster too.
I guess I should check to see what the thermostat should be at.

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It depends on how cold the lake is(32-30f where I live),,, anywhere between 120 and 160f it cools off a bit as you go faster too.
I guess I should check to see what the thermostat should be at.
are you right on superior? my brother lives on superior right near chippewa park. lake is always rough there and cold. don't know if I'd venture very far out in my little jet boat.

mmgg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes , it's usually good anytime the wind is from the north or west. I handle the waves pretty good, until about a 3 foot swell.
The Thunder Bay break wall is 10 miles long, and, a 1/8th mile out so there is still room to go for a ride.
windfinder.com is my goto for planning a day on Lake Superior

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
my engine is the same as the searayder in the topic title. I don't know if a primer will help as I think I may be getting too much fuel. a random guy at the boat launch said he used to have the same motor and it was hard to start as well. he told me to pull off the vent line off the top carb and blow into it, after I do that it fires up no problem. it has been in recently for a tune-up and carbs re-built so I know they aren't dirty.
I had a 15' euroline cyclone with a 175 hp mercury sport jet and a Seadoo challenger x with a 240hp version. Do you know about the choke?

jhe2362

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to JetBoaters.net! Glad you found us!

I just googled your boat. Pretty interesting. Do you have any pics? What brand and size engine does it have?

Glad you are here!
Is that your Chris Craft in the back ground ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other