• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Searay Searayder ,,,sport jet 90

mmgg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great little boat,, I'm having a lot of fun cruising around and giving rides.
It was nice to find a boat this small that drives like a jetski.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to JetBoaters.net! Glad you found us!

I just googled your boat. Pretty interesting. Do you have any pics? What brand and size engine does it have?

Glad you are here!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome, glad you are here and enjoying your boat, we like pics.... Lots of pics!!! Make sure you introduce yourself in the welcome aboard thread....

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool deal! I think I recognize that throttle. Is is a Mercury jet drive?

mmgg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's a 14' boat with a merc two stroke 90 powerhead ,,

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right on. I used to have a Sugar Sand jet boat. It had a two stroke Mercury jet drive too.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome!!!! Glad you are here update your profile with your location:Welcome:

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I drove the balls off one of those for like 30 seconds before the ignition failed (apparently). Apparently it was a big issue on the originals or something. Anyway, run it like a raped ape :)

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have the same engine. Is your hard to start when cold? mine is a pain in the butt to start cold. have to sometimes spray quick start to get it to go.

It's a 14' boat with a merc two stroke 90 powerhead ,,

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have the same engine. Is your hard to start when cold? mine is a pain in the butt to start cold. have to sometimes spray quick start to get it to go.
I'm not sure about your engine, but I have an LS2000 yamaha with 2stroke engines. These are notoriously hard starting when cold. One remedy is putting primer bulbs in the fuel line, in your case you would need one between the tank and filter. A few squeezes before starting helps tremendously.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This is what I use, has worked very good to elevate the hard starting. I got them on eBay for $5.00 IMAG0054.jpg

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
my engine is the same as the searayder in the topic title. I don't know if a primer will help as I think I may be getting too much fuel. a random guy at the boat launch said he used to have the same motor and it was hard to start as well. he told me to pull off the vent line off the top carb and blow into it, after I do that it fires up no problem. it has been in recently for a tune-up and carbs re-built so I know they aren't dirty.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
my engine is the same as the searayder in the topic title. I don't know if a primer will help as I think I may be getting too much fuel. a random guy at the boat launch said he used to have the same motor and it was hard to start as well. he told me to pull off the vent line off the top carb and blow into it, after I do that it fires up no problem. it has been in recently for a tune-up and carbs re-built so I know they aren't dirty.
Interesting, the problem seems to be the opposite on the Yamaha, they seem to leak down after a while. Just thought I would throw the primer bulb out there

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a Baja Blast that had the same engine. They use 2 stage fuel pumps so there should be no need for a primer. I agree with tri-guy on the vent tubes but go a little deeper and make sure the fittings that the tubes attach to on the carbs. are clean. Mine had a electric choke that was initiated by pushing in on the key, check to make sure it is working and the butterflies are closing completely.

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks Brad. I will check the connections and see if the choke is even working
Never thought to check that.
Could you confirm if the attached picture is the water intake for cooling. I keep getting the high temperature alarm when driving full speed. I read online to flush the engine out with a garden hose. Did you ever need to do this? That fitting is the only fitting I can see where water would come in. And I can't find a water pump.
Thanks for any input you have.
Drew

Attachments

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
This any help?From the sportjet 90/120 manual at wwwboatinfo.no IMG (2).jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mmgg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No problems starting ,, choke on ,, starts in 3 seconds,, no primer ball,, it has the auto injection unit to mix the oil. I'm not sure what is stock but mine has surface fire plugs; no gap to set.,, I use a laser point temp gage ($40) to check the running temp. of my outboards once a year.