• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SEAT FABRIC ?

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm looking to re-upholster my seats.
I paid to have it done just 4 yrs ago and they are looking bad already...
What fabric would last a longer in the Florida weather ?
Thanks in advance !
Tim

The Ultraleather is expensive, even with a wholesale acct. She ordered a yard and we redid the nav station seat. It is very soft and feels very nice but is more for inside upholstery, auto seats.

A0AA8BE2-885F-46C7-A2BB-8B582E8416ED.png
9165A988-1CDD-443D-ACDE-F38D59B15EE9.png

Stick with the name brand fabrics and more importantly use the UV resistant thread. A lot of newer fabrics are cloth like feeling and have a grain.......run away from those because the mold grows quickly in the tight weave and is a biotch to get out.

4 Years and its bad already? I am guessing that the boat sits out uncovered? Perhaps you need to have a few Stamoid covers made to just cover your upholstery areas.

What are you cleaning your upholstery with? Perhaps you’re using too harsh of chemicals or those that contain bleach. Even the Magic Erasers are bad for marine cushions, mainly due to the threads.

How do you store your boat (inside, outside but with cover etc)?

4 years needing replacement sounds excessive, Florida or not.

I keep the boat in a slip or on the trailer at storage lot. I haven't invested the $3000 for a cover yet.
I usually just clean with "boat soap" after every trip out. Only use magic erasers when the black mold spots appear..

I keep the boat in a slip or on the trailer at storage lot. I haven't invested the $3000 for a cover yet.
I usually just clean with "boat soap" after every trip out. Only use magic erasers when the black mold spots appear..
Get individual seating covers and forget the overall cover! Much cheaper and easier to operate.

Last edited:
Back