• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Seats flying out while trailering

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 06 AR210, while towing to the lake on Monday the port seat across from the captains chair flew out. She got a bit of road rash but the main thing is I got her back! I know they fixed this issue in the later years but wondering what you guys do aside from taking them out, which I usually do. Has anyone gotten creative or come up with a cost effective solution?

Good news too is my seats need new upholstery so this just forced my hand.

Thanks for them info!

On my 2007 sx230, if I put the passenger seat up as a seat and not a bench it holds the seat cushion over the battery in place. I've had the long cushion behind the drivers seat float around. To solve this issue I put a snap strap on the front post of the cushion.

20150527_145420.jpg

Attachments

• 20150527_145420.jpg
    20150527_145420.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 9
In later years of the 210 they added a plastic hook catch to keep that seat in. That seat is the flyer amongst the 210s. I always trailered with cover on to avoid that issue. It would be easy to add. I bet someone with a 210 can post a pic of how bracket.

I have a 2014 AR 210 and the problem still exists. I too would like to know if anyone has a fix for this.

Both of the rear bench seats on my "classic" SX230 are flyers while trailering at highway speeds. Before I started using a cover all the time I used a pickup truck cargo net to hold the seats down. Once I started using the cover instead I noticed how much cleaner the interior of the boat was after trailering just an hour to our local lake. I also don't worry about losing anything else out of the boat like cup holders or carpet.

I used a couple of pieces of adhesive velcro on the bottom of the seats. 7 years later and still have them.

In later years of the 210 they added a plastic hook catch to keep that seat in. That seat is the flyer amongst the 210s. I always trailered with cover on to avoid that issue. It would be easy to add. I bet someone with a 210 can post a pic of how bracket.
I believe my 11 has the hook bracket I can't post tomorrow if needed , but it flew out on the previous owner and has rash ... I always cover it to be safe . Rest of cushions could fly out also

That's a bummer @Trevor Shipman. Like the other guys have said, I've always trailered with the cover on. But I'm always towing at least an hour and our favorite lake is 5 plus hours away. So the cover just makes sense. Trailering long distances with the cover does tend to put more stress on the cover. So I've used pool noodles on top of the windshield and seat belt covers on the buckles (where the tower cut outs are) to prevent damage.

I love @PEARCE 's idea of the cargo net. That would solve the issue for guys who want to leave it uncovered to help air things out.

Lately I've been trailering without a cover but after seeing the leading edge of the carpet over the ski locker flap in the wind at freeway speeds I'm going back to always trailering with a cover on. Things to consider, you can't just buy a piece of the carpet, it's an all or nothing thing and all is over $600. If the center seat cushion sells for $200, the longer cushions will be $400 to $500. I bought a cargo net after some one posted it here or on yjb. I like it but it is a lot more time consuming to untangle it as opposed unfold a cover.

I trailer with the cover on and I only live 5-10 minutes from the lake. I do like the strap idea though and it looks factory.

Back