• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Serial number on 2021 255XD - each engine?

CaptainVinnie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’m looking to purchase a 2021 Yamaha 255 Xd, the bank I’m financing with is asking for the serial number, does the boat haul have a separate serial number then the engine? And does each engine have its own serial number? Or is the haul and engines only have one? Thanks

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m looking to purchase a 2021 Yamaha 255 Xd, the bank I’m financing with is asking for the serial number, does the boat haul have a separate serial number then the engine? And does each engine have its own serial number? Or is the haul and engines only have one? Thanks
The boat has a number, probably starting with YAM. And then each engine has a serial number as well. You should be able to get all three numbers from the seller.

leshock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
In Michigan on the boat registration, it lists a "Hull ID" that starts with YAM. No mention is made of the two engine serial numbers.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
did you ever find this? Im purchasing a 2021 255XD and my bank is asking for the engine serial numbers as well. The seller can’t find it and boat is 2.5 hours away so I can’t see it in person that easily.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Those numbers are only needed when a boat is sold without a motor and needs one to be added to make the boat complete.
You do not give the bank the engine numbers on a car/ truck and you do not give them on a jet ski. Tell the bank it is a in board motor boat and that they are idiots.​

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My insurance company asked for my engine numbers. I bought used at a dealer but they were on the invoice or whatever doc it is.

@n33d45p33d maybe the guy you’re buying from has that paperwork and just hasn’t checked?