• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland'r Serious Safety Issue - Check your fenders!

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The point is that the bias tires cause vibration, regardless of whether or not Carlise will replace them.
Carlise just says that those are the tires Shorelander puts on the trailers, I have called them.
I believe that people have called Shorelander about this and rather then fix the problem, they just send you a new plate that says bias or radial.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The point is that the bias tires cause vibration, regardless of whether or not Carlise will replace them.
Carlise just says that those are the tires Shorelander puts on the trailers, I have called them.
I believe that people have called Shorelander about this and rather then fix the problem, they just send you a new plate that says bias or radial.
Interesting. I have not evaluated the actual tires to any great extent. How would I determine the type of tires. Model #s? Or Series Names? Or will it say bias or radial? Simply haven’t looked.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well it looks like I have BIAS tires. ST215/75D14 = Bias. Guess I’ll have to look into that. Is the recommendation that even after the fender replacement, these tires should be replaced with radials?

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also just realized that the wheel chuck in the picture is upside down! :D Need to make sure when I get help from the kids, they understand the point of what they are doing! Lol

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I took the opportunity to ask the Rep at shorelandr about the tire recommendation, this is what he told me:

The new brace and fender setup will take care of the issue, Steve.

Yamaha specs their trailers with bias ply tires which do have a stiffer ride; however, they are used heavily in the trailer industry and acceptable for use. The issue was with our brace and fender set-up.

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have same problem. Shore lander is sending me parts directly and will reimburse local trailer shop for work.

Has anyone replaced those fender mounts themselves? That main bracket seems hard to change out because that bolt also holds leaf springs..

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had a local trailer repair place install them over the weekend.. 150 out the door. I’ll take that given Shorelandr didn’t have a place locally they were going to pay for the labor. They also evaluated the brakes and tongue weight and recommended a bit more rise on my hitch. Which made a difference we noticed immediately. A-1 Trailer and Hitch in Lewis Center for anyone in the Columbus Area. Good group.

Newmaniak

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Contacted Shorelandr and they took care of me! Thanks for the info.
Finally got the dealer to work me in and get my new fenders installed. Came with new led trailer lights. Cost $0.00

Attachments

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Excellent! Yeah its good to finally have all the work done of course up here its time to put the boat away for the season!! :/

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have to say Shorelander has had it’s issues tires, fenders and fender brackets. They replaced the tires but it cost me money to have them mounted and balanced.
They sent fenders but no replacement brackets the dealership quoted 900 to replace the needed brackets and parts.
This is disaster, I love my boat but the trailer isn’t holding up.
I would love to get a direct line to give them a piece of my mind.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to say Shorelander has had it’s issues tires, fenders and fender brackets. They replaced the tires but it cost me money to have them mounted and balanced.
They sent fenders but no replacement brackets the dealership quoted 900 to replace the needed brackets and parts.
This is disaster, I love my boat but the trailer isn’t holding up.
I would love to get a direct line to give them a piece of my mind.
Your dealer should be getting paid directly from shorlandr. At no cost to you.

Getting free tires and just paying for mounting seems like a good trade off. They didn't even have to supply new tires. The tire info label states it can be radial tires OR bias tires.

I have spoken with shorlandr directly on many occasions. So if you have concerns about payment for your fender installation or complaints, give them a call. They are very helpful.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your dealer should be getting paid directly from shorlandr. At no cost to you.

Getting free tires and just paying for mounting seems like a good trade off. They didn't even have to supply new tires. The tire info label states it can be radial tires OR bias tires.

I have spoken with shorlandr directly on many occasions. So if you have concerns about payment for your fender installation or complaints, give them a call. They are very helpful.
I’m not one for bashing or causing issues but I tried calling them and they sent the fenders to the dealership. The dealership then informed me that they do not provide the hardware for installation. Look the point is if the boat was a 30,000 purchase then I expect issues but when you spend 65000 on something you don’t expect to have tire issues and the fenders practically falling off.
that being said if you have a contact number I would appreciate having it.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m not one for bashing or causing issues but I tried calling them and they sent the fenders to the dealership. The dealership then informed me that they do not provide the hardware for installation. Look the point is if the boat was a 30,000 purchase then I expect issues but when you spend 65000 on something you don’t expect to have tire issues and the fenders practically falling off.
that being said if you have a contact number I would appreciate having it.

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
had same issues. Called shorelandr and mine were replaced at Zero cost to me. and I am second owner of the boat.

Mine is 2016.

Warranty Dept
Michelle

mschmidt@midwestindustries.com

1 712 364 3365
316 Extension.

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know how to get the bolt out? I can’t get it out.

Attachments