• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Should I wait for our 222 FSH Sport? Or Bail?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm Just curious if any of you guys have taken delivery yet? @SDAnderson51 I'm picking my 222 sport E up next week. Anything I should be on the look out for as I have never seen one in person? Got a great deal on it! The 252 does not have fly by wire @jocolo21.
sorry bud you are wrong the 242se and 252se which I had both are electronic throttles, not the paddles that's a whole different system.

Cade Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I received my 222 Sport a couple months ago and I love it! I've heard a lot about quality control issues but I didn't have most that people were talking about. There were a few small things like the snaps for the curtain underneath not being screwed all the way in, some sealant around the center console that wasn't dressed up and the cabinets don't seal as well as I would like. But overall, the boat is built very nice and my family loves it!

Cade Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How is the engine noise @Cade Smith ?
The engine noise is no worse that my last boat with a 200 yamaha outboard and much better than my 2008 yamaha sx230. I think you'll be satisfied with the amount of noise. Cruising speed isn't an issue at all. My being just the sport, the radio d9esnt play quite loud enough for me at Cruising speed, but it's mostly because of the wind and not the engines. I'd say having the extra speakers on the t-top will help a bunch!

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
sorry bud you are wrong the 242se and 252se which I had both are electronic throttles, not the paddles that's a whole different system.
We are talking about the FSH 252. Not the 252 bow rider boats. In that regard yes the 252se does have fly by wire. You have to move up to the 255 for fly by wire and super charged engines in the FSH series

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The engine noise is no worse that my last boat with a 200 yamaha outboard and much better than my 2008 yamaha sx230. I think you'll be satisfied with the amount of noise. Cruising speed isn't an issue at all. My being just the sport, the radio d9esnt play quite loud enough for me at Cruising speed, but it's mostly because of the wind and not the engines. I'd say having the extra speakers on the t-top will help a bunch!
Great to hear! I pick mine up next week and it’s concerning to have never seen / touched / driven this boat…. So your information is very appreciated! I almost pulled the trigger on a new Sea Hunt 24’ with 300 but decided the 222 with a discount was way more affordable. Also like the idea of twin screws. This boat will need to cross to Bimini on occasion so hopefully I’ve made the right decision. I ask because my 195s was obnoxious! Having a conversation underway consisted of yelling and responding what/huh?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm Just curious if any of you guys have taken delivery yet? @SDAnderson51 I'm picking my 222 sport E up next week. Anything I should be on the look out for as I have never seen one in person? Got a great deal on it! The 252 does not have fly by wire @jocolo21.
I cancelled my order end of May.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Great to hear! I pick mine up next week and it’s concerning to have never seen / touched / driven this boat…. So your information is very appreciated! I almost pulled the trigger on a new Sea Hunt 24’ with 300 but decided the 222 with a discount was way more affordable. Also like the idea of twin screws. This boat will need to cross to Bimini on occasion so hopefully I’ve made the right decision. I ask because my 195s was obnoxious! Having a conversation underway consisted of yelling and responding what/huh?
I see, they only make the 2522 sport not spot E, the 222 do have a sport E with electronic throttles..

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I cancelled my order end of May.
Idk if you are still looking but there are great deals to be had right now! I know a few places have them on the ground now.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Idk if you are still looking but there are great deals to be had right now! I know a few places have them on the ground now.
Appreciate it. We’re going to hold onto our FSH 195 for another season and find a FSH 255 when the time comes