• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Should I wait for our 222 FSH Sport? Or Bail?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
my dealer suggested the other day that the new 222 fsh series of boats were going to start production in May-June. they stopped taking deposits for them months ago because Yamaha wasn't producing any units. For what its worth....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not really sure if they would be labeled 2023/2024 at that point. Model change over every year is circa June every year for production.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One of our dealers is wrong, but that is the norm. My dealer got a message from Yamaha that two 22's were being shipped. Later in the day he got a message that a 222 FSH Sport E, Saphire was in production. That would be my boat so I sure hope his information is correct. That was about two weeks ago.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One of our dealers is wrong, but that is the norm. My dealer got a message from Yamaha that two 22's were being shipped. Later in the day he got a message that a 222 FSH Sport E, Saphire was in production. That would be my boat so I sure hope his information is correct. That was about two weeks ago.
I hope that's true... if yours comes, then there's hope some more will follow.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We expect full reports and pictures sir!!!! I hope it comes in soon for you so you can get it feathered in for your liking before the season starts proper!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hope that's true... if yours comes, then there's hope some more will follow.
And your dilemma will be over… then you will have other decisions to make.. like where do I go first? How long of a day can I get out of the maiden voyage? What, if any, things do I want to add to the boat? Again, expecting a through report on the boat since, excepting @Julian and @OperationROL, the other mags reports were less than, well, specific.

All great stuff to look forward to.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And your dilemma will be over… then you will have other decisions to make.. like where do I go first? How long of a day can I get out of the maiden voyage? What, if any, things do I want to add to the boat? Again, expecting a through report on the boat since, excepting @Julian and @OperationROL, the other mags reports were less than, well, specific.

If my boat doesn't come soon I will need a storage unit for everything I have waiting. Trolling Motor, Downriggers (2), Marine radio, Trolling Rods, etc.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Will definitely be giving my thoughts. Most likely will put together a video. Although my channel isn't boat specific, I do sprinkle in other things related to the outdoors like hunting, boating and off-roading.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Reached out to my dealer again today. No word on the 22' FSH models still. Kinda disappointed none have hit the dealers since these boats generated so much fanfare when announced. Back to the waiting game :)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Reached out to my dealer again today. No word on the 22' FSH models still. Kinda disappointed none have hit the dealers since these boats generated so much fanfare when announced. Back to the waiting game :)
😑. Dammit that sucks. Yamaha does seem to have a severe communication problem. One of the worst things a company can do is be evasive. The communication should be clear, concise, and frequent. If there are reasons the production is delayed then those reasons should be communicated.

Start looking for your lightly used 252? As discussed in another thread they used market should be warming up in so far as a buyers market.

Perhaps your dealer can help out?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
😑. Dammit that sucks. Yamaha does seem to have a severe communication problem. One of the worst things a company can do is be evasive. The communication should be clear, concise, and frequent. If there are reasons the production is delayed then those reasons should be communicated.

Start looking for your lightly used 252? As discussed in another thread they used market should be warming up in so far as a buyers market.

Perhaps your dealer can help out?
Might start looking for a 252... I just don't want to pay much more than what the 222 was going to cost us. My dealer rep is frustrated as well based on our conversation. I'm seriously thinking about just throwing in the towel and keeping our 195 FSH another season. It's a good boat and does most of what we want...and it's cheaper to maintain/tow. End of the season this year or next year might be easier to find what we're looking for. Of course, eventually our order will come in as well, maybe...lol.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Might start looking for a 252... I just don't want to pay much more than what the 222 was going to cost us. My dealer rep is frustrated as well based on our conversation. I'm seriously thinking about just throwing in the towel and keeping our 195 FSH another season. It's a good boat and does most of what we want...and it's cheaper to maintain/tow. End of the season this year or next year might be easier to find what we're looking for. Of course, eventually our order will come in as well, maybe...lol.
Having a boat that you like and just waiting for a new one puts you in the cat bird seat.

The catbird seat" is an idiomatic phrase used to describe an enviable position, often in terms of having the upper hand or greater advantage in any type of dealing among parties. It derives from the secluded perch on which the gray catbird makes mocking calls. Source Wiki.

So you can just wait and pounce on a great deal when it presents itself, or you’ll have yours once it finally gets here. Seems to me you could have your 195 to take trips and stuff on while you get your new boat kitted out the way you want it.

Go forth and spend time on your boat now that boating season 2023 is upon us!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Having a boat that you like and just waiting for a new one puts you in the cat bird seat.

The catbird seat" is an idiomatic phrase used to describe an enviable position, often in terms of having the upper hand or greater advantage in any type of dealing among parties. It derives from the secluded perch on which the gray catbird makes mocking calls. Source Wiki.

So you can just wait and pounce on a great deal when it presents itself, or you’ll have yours once it finally gets here. Seems to me you could have your 195 to take trips and stuff on while you get your new boat kitted out the way you want it.

Go forth and spend time on your boat now that boating season 2023 is upon us!
Most definitely! Sadly We've yet to get out on our boat yet this season....between work, trips and the weekends being full of chores or crappy weather, but I'm sure there's a boat trip coming up soon!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most definitely! Sadly We've yet to get out on our boat yet this season....between work, trips and the weekends being full of chores or crappy weather, but I'm sure there's a boat trip coming up soon!
That’s the spirit!

I’ve been using the aphorism “cat bird” a long time, had a feel for what it meant so I went and looked it up. It’s been a long winter, still going on here.

My two closest lakes are still frozen over, there’s a lake 1.5 hours away that the ice has come off of, thought I was going to go fish there later this week but it’s going to be snowy cold and very windy I’ll take a pass right now. Looks like another couple of weeks.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s the spirit!

I’ve been using the aphorism “cat bird” a long time, had a feel for what it meant so I went and looked it up. It’s been a long winter, still going on here.

My two closest lakes are still frozen over, there’s a lake 1.5 hours away that the ice has come off of, thought I was going to go fish there later this week but it’s going to be snowy cold and very windy I’ll take a pass right now. Looks like another couple of weeks.
That's the nice thing for us southerners... can almost boat year round without issues. Sadly we didn't do any boating over the fall, nor winter. By this time last year we had already taken the boat out a bunch of times.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well from what I am hearing, and mind you it is just a bit hearsay through IT channels, is that Yamaha will be not filling a good deal of their allocations for 2023 FSH, but things should be squared away so that they will be moving them out to 2024 FSH MY. I have no idea or guess at what the percentages would be. Will post more when and if I get something more concrete.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just received the call I've been waiting for. The first round of 222 fsh and 222 sport e boats are starting to ship this week. They will need the steering fix at the dealership which the dealers already have and then they are good to go. Hopefully we will start seeing some people receiving theirs in the next few days.

Last edited:

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just received the call I've been waiting for. The first round of 222 fsh and 222 sport e boats are starting to ship this week. They will need the steering fix at the dealership which the dealers already have and then they are good to go. Hopefully we will start seeing some people receiving theirs in the next few days.
I just saw a 220 FSH show up a dealer on the FSH FB group. So it looks like they're starting to ship out finally.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really interested in the real world reviews of both the 220 and the 222

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Really interested in the real world reviews of both the 220 and the 222
I'd have gotten the 220, but I think they'll be fairly slow compared to the 222 and definitely when compared to my 195. Not that speed is everything, but I never want that shoulda coulda feeling after a purchase. I know I'd have had those thoughts if I had went with the 220.