• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That's fair, I still think the engine to get is the diesel.

My buddy from college just had to replace his 8 speed in his Tahoe at about 90k miles. I'd be more afraid of getting an 8 speed than the 5.3, at least the 5.3 you can AFM delete and do new lifters and be good.
I had the lifters replaced on ours at 2,500 miles and just had the fuel pump control module replaced at 37,000 miles. Knock on wood that’s the bulk of it, other than replacing the terrible factory tires.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got rid of the 2017 Ram 1500 which we used to tow our FSH 210. Today was the first trial run with the Tesla Model X we bought. It was impressive, actually pulled out of the ramp easier than the Ram with a Hemi did.
hey there- I’m going the same route as you and moving from F150 to model x for towing, also with a Yamaha 21 foot. Could you share the details of your towing setup? Ball mount/rise specifically and any tips or learnings?

Thanks

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I pretty much followed this video and purchased the same setup he mentions in the comments for the video. model x towing boat - Google Search

I don’t tow very far so I’m not sure on overall efficiency hit. Towing goes well otherwise though and use caution pulling the boat out of the ramp because it yanks it out much easier than my hemi did. My wife almost fell out the back of the boat the first time I pulled it out because it hit the accelerator too hard. Bit of a bummer to have to almost crawl under the car to hook up the lights, but it works very well. We will be hitting the launch in a couple hours if you are in the Emerald Isle area and want to see it in action.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pretty much followed this video and purchased the same setup he mentions in the comments for the video. model x towing boat - Google Search

I don’t tow very far so I’m not sure on overall efficiency hit. Towing goes well otherwise though and use caution pulling the boat out of the ramp because it yanks it out much easier than my hemi did. My wife almost fell out the back of the boat the first time I pulled it out because it hit the accelerator too hard. Bit of a bummer to have to almost crawl under the car to hook up the lights, but it works very well. We will be hitting the launch in a couple hours if you are in the Emerald Isle area and want to see it in action.
Thanks for the info, I have used that state ramp on Emerald Isle a couple times, enjoy the weather!

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, I have used that state ramp on Emerald Isle a couple times, enjoy the weather!
I live right next to the marina, but the state ramp is so good and doesn’t cost me thousands of dollars. The inlet is almost “jet boat only” after the poor dredge job this winter. I saw two feet going through it today but caught a nice mix (Black Sea Bass, Sheephead, Black Drum, etc). The Model X once again did amazing at the ramp.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live right next to the marina, but the state ramp is so good and doesn’t cost me thousands of dollars. The inlet is almost “jet boat only” after the poor dredge job this winter. I saw two feet going through it today but caught a nice mix (Black Sea Bass, Sheephead, Black Drum, etc). The Model X once again did amazing at the ramp.
Oh boy. I hope that was low tide. That inlet run didn’t have a lot of margin for error at low tide to begin with. I was sweating it as a newbie.