• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Smart line voltage thermostat

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am in the process of buying a townhome at our favorite ski resort and it has all baseboard heating. I want to change out the thermostats to a wifi enable thermostat so I can turn up the heat before we get there, any recommendations or experiences?

I'm also looking for a way monitor the refrigerator so that I know if it gets above a certain temperature so we don't end up eating food that got spoiled.

Thanks

I have Honeywell wifi units for baseboard hot water heat but I'm not aware there is a wifi unit for electric baseboard.

I have the SENSI wifi remote thermostats at my bunker. I use it for the same reasons as you, to manage the temp hours before I arrive. I can also run the fans to cycle air in pollen season as needed when we are not there.

the online tool and the phone app is VERY user friendly to set up cycles or alerts. The newest models are Alexa enabled if that has any value to you. I just use the app.

https://sensi.emerson.com/en-us

does baseboard heating imply electrical baseboards? or are you forced hot water/boiler? I dont believe it matters.

My SENSI is controlling a heat pump and AC unit. my former house it was forced hot air/gas

My next task using these thermostats is to set up zone controls. http://zonefirst.com/

I have a blinking alarm clock on top of my freezer that the security cameras can see (arlo). I check it after a storm rolls thru to be sure its still powered (life hack) you can get wifi freezer alarms but they are costly if my memory serves me.

example: https://tempstick.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...hZZF-zuxtXwKGOdq0VQemYZVnYWx7Y0xoCHgYQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
@justason he mentioned line voltage si I take that as electric baseboard heat.

@justason I have electric baseboard heating, I have found a few options but they are from companies I've never heard of. If Honeywell or Emerson did offer a solution I would surly buy them.

Will you have an alarm system or automation system? I ask because the solution I am proposing requires a dry contact to enable/disable vacation mode heating. It's about as dumb as it comes, but I haven't seen anything else that will work for line voltage heating like it will with a Nest/Ecobee/Honeywell Lyric on a gas or heat pump like system.

Making matters worse, if your mountain place was like mine there is literally one thermostat per room/hallway/closet/alcove making for an expensive retrofit.

Aube TH115-A-240S
redot.jpg
Remote input enables change of temperature modes from phone (telephone controller required) or alarm / automation system with dry contact output
TH115-A-240

I also found this:

Honeywell YTL9160AR1000 Wireless Line Voltage Thermostat Kit

It would probably need to be paired with this:

Honeywell THM6000R1002 RedLink-Enabled Gateway

Will you have an alarm system or automation system? I ask because the solution I am proposing requires a dry contact to enable/disable vacation mode heating. It's about as dumb as it comes, but I haven't seen anything else that will work for line voltage heating like it will with a Nest/Ecobee/Honeywell Lyric on a gas or heat pump like system.

Making matters worse, if your mountain place was like mine there is literally one thermostat per room/hallway/closet/alcove making for an expensive retrofit.

Aube TH115-A-240S
redot.jpg
Remote input enables change of temperature modes from phone (telephone controller required) or alarm / automation system with dry contact output
TH115-A-240

I also found this:

Honeywell YTL9160AR1000 Wireless Line Voltage Thermostat Kit

It would probably need to be paired with this:

Honeywell THM6000R1002 RedLink-Enabled Gateway

No alarm system or automation system, I do have 1 thermostat per heater so I was planning on only doing a few heaters. I looked at these https://www.getmysa.com but I've never heard of this manufacturer. I was looking at that Honeywell solution you linked. We haven't closed on the property, hopefully next week, and winter is a few months away yet so I have some time.

Really like that Mysa tstat. Has all the bells and whistles you need. With my wifi tstats I don't bother programming them as I can change them remotely whenever I want. Even raise the temp downstairs from bed before going down in the morning. I quite often tell Alexa to do it. FYI. Many states, like mine, offer rebates for smart or wifi tstats. We get $100 back per tstat with a limit of 2. Might want to look into it.

I think Mysa should be a winner for your situation and get you everything in a much simpler package. I was trying to like the Honeywell RedLink solution but it almost 10 years old and it shows.

I have insteon t stats in my house hooked into the isy automation controller. My river place has no internet. I keep a cup for of ice in the freezer with a quarter on top. If the quarter is under the ice, the food is bad.

Back