• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snap-in carpet options for 2006 AR230?

jmax5105

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2006 AR230 and couldn't be more excited to join the jet boating community. You all look like a good bunch here! My new (to me) boat needs the carpet replaced in a bad way and I need to have something to replace the carpet ordered and installed before July 27th. I'd LOVE to do the Sea Dek, and probably will next year, but I need something right now so my parents don't slip and fall when getting in and out of the boat. What are the best snap-in carpet options to replace what came on the boat? Do I just order from Yamaha or is there a brand out there that is highly recommended and not super expensive? Hoping you all can point me in the right direction to get this ordered quickly. Thanks!

I have a brand new seadek complete kit with the starboard and port storage locker pads, the engine step over hatch pad, and the flip seat pad I could let go if you are interested. I have the cool gray/storm gray combo. Retail it costs close to 1400 shipped. I could probably sell it for $1100. Let me know if youre interested.

I just bought a 2006 AR230 and couldn't be more excited to join the jet boating community. You all look like a good bunch here! My new (to me) boat needs the carpet replaced in a bad way and I need to have something to replace the carpet ordered and installed before July 27th. I'd LOVE to do the Sea Dek, and probably will next year, but I need something right now so my parents don't slip and fall when getting in and out of the boat. What are the best snap-in carpet options to replace what came on the boat? Do I just order from Yamaha or is there a brand out there that is highly recommended and not super expensive? Hoping you all can point me in the right direction to get this ordered quickly. Thanks!

Purchasing snap in carpet is not cheap $900 and up. I bought my berber used from Mel a few years ago and spent around $400. Look in the links for recommendations where to purchase. Good Luck.

Another option is the DECKADANCE marine flooring. I figure you will need about 100-120 sq. ft. to cover your deck It is expensive
This stuff you can cut to size and not need to dress the edge. You are being redirected...

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10755

https://jetboaters.net/threads/berber-carpet-replacement.1564/
http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56197

Last edited:
I purchased an OEM carpet not sure if they are still available if they are you will most likely have to relocate the snaps . The holes left behind are not that noticeable new carpet looks great you just need to keep it dry so it doesn't get smelly

I'm not sure I would trust my cutting skills as a DIY job. lol. I guess I could lay the old deteriorated carpets out and cut from those.... I'll call around and see what I can find. How hard (how long) would it take to put in a SeaDek setup if all that I have on the floor currently are the snaps from the old carpet kit?

Many have installed SeaDek, so someone has old carpet in their Attic. Post a Wanted add in the classified section.

Probably 3 day job for Sea deK. Remove snaps and refill. Clean and prep. attach.

Remember 03-06 are different than 07-09

JMAX5105- I have brand new carpet out of my AR230 that has never been put in the boat, if you are interested.
I may be getting talked into just going straight to the Sea Dek, LOL. I don't know if I'll have the time to get it in before our trip though.... How much were you looking to get out of it? That might be the fix I'm looking for short term just to have something so my parents have a little more secure footing when we're out and about...

I would go with the carpet if you can keep the boat dry . Mooring cover with 12 x 25 tarp on top during heavy rain storms . It will stay bone dry inside

Seadek is definitely the way to go, IMO. If you get the kit from @JetBoatPilot, which is really the only way to go, the precut peices are extremely easy to put down. I did my whole boat in a day. That includes pulling snaps and filling the holes, to laying down all of the Seadek. Very easy job.
20160417_155526.jpg

I may be getting talked into just going straight to the Sea Dek, LOL. I don't know if I'll have the time to get it in before our trip though.... How much were you looking to get out of it? That might be the fix I'm looking for short term just to have something so my parents have a little more secure footing when we're out and about...
Good plan. Snap in carpets can mildew and smell if not properly dried. Water can also migrate under them. This does not happen with SeaDek. Have your folks wear river shoes until you get the SeaDek installed.

Amazon has a Sea Deck type foam that I just used on my swim platform, looks great and is relatively cheap for a low cost alternative. Comes in rolls different sizes, so you can cut to fit where ever you want to place it. Cuts easily with a razor blade or sharp scissors.

If you can find carpet for a reasonable price, that may be your best bet for your immediate need. If you keep it dry it's quite nice.

Recommended to use boat carpet with non-skid vinyl. Vinyl manufacturers ensure that they match every pain point of their customers. They are indeed aware that a recarpet boat can have damage to your deck after prolonged moisture retention. When you glue down the vinyl so heavily and securely that it forms a waterproof seal, giving it better durability.

Last edited:
Back