• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So what's everyone's plan for labor day weekend?

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm planning to trailer out to the east end of Long Island and drop in somewhere in the Peconic bay - check out the tall sand dunes and do some swimming. If the waters are calm (forecast looking good), we might try to go out to Block Island again - that's a 35 mile ride on the open ocean.
I want to squeeze as much boating as possible out of this season.

What are you all up to?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Headed south to Portsmouth, OH and hitting the Ohio river.

I'm not planning to bring the boat back up to Columbus, but may head back to my in laws to squeeze in more boating before putting it away for winter.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll be at Nolin Lake, watching the CARDS take on the TIGERS Saturday for some good ole CFB. The boating the rest of the weekend.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heading to the lake house. Rain chances are a little high. I am cleaning the boat and waxing as well as trying to get some of the blemishes out of the hull. We will be drinking, boating, swimming and hot tubbing! I can't wait! :)

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Use my boat as much as possible!

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weather forecast for Patoka Lake, Indiana...Friday 92, Saturday 93, Sunday 91, Monday 90, with little chance of rain!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Saturday we are visiting an ex-brother in law. He has a cottage on some lake 2 hours away. Sunday I work for church. Monday probably work and then go swimming in thepool because far too many idiots on the lake.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We aren't forecast to get back up into the 80s until after labor day. I have 4 high school football games to officiate between Friday evening and Tuesday evening, hoping to get the boat out sometime in there but not looking real good. We have had cooler weather ever since my JBN flags arrived...:(

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Camping on Higgins Lake in northern Michigan Thursday - Sunday. Campsite is just off the water so we can leave it anchored just a few steps from shore.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Ray Hubbard on Sunday

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill be at Lake Anna in Virgina, Thursday through Tuesday...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Headed to Lake Texoma to join some of my fellow jetboating buddies. @Jebinok @jawsf16 @farrelltravis possibly @HawkTX Can't wait! Temps gonna be in the mid 90's and no chance of rain and light winds at 5-10. I'll be drinking lots of water with and without barley and hops.:)[flag]

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Headed to Lake Texoma to join some of my fellow jetboating buddies. @Jebinok @jawsf16 @farrelltravis possibly @HawkTX Can't wait! Temps gonna be in the mid 90's and no chance of rain and light winds at 5-10. I'll be drinking lots of water with and without barley and hops.:)[flag]
Looking forward to it as well!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll be catering to my daughters work schedule, driving her from pool to pool for various lifeguard shifts while my boat rests in the garage......maybe, just maybe I'll get to see her late sunday or sometime monday..........

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As has become more & more the norm ......... dodging the rain.
Supposed to rain pretty good Saturday, but if it doesn't .............
Miss Barbie & me are gonna venture all the way to the other side of Lake Oconee, to see good friends who purchased our first lake house.

That should burn through 40 gallons ......... If I take it easy.
Which is highly unlikely ............ LOL ~!
Wishing everyone a Terrific Labor Day Holiday weekend !
+ Labor Day-35.gif

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As has become more & more the norm ......... dodging the rain.
Supposed to rain pretty good Saturday, but if it doesn't .............
Miss Barbie & me are gonna venture all the way to the other side of Lake Oconee, to see good friends who purchased our first lake house.

That should burn through 40 gallons ......... If I take it easy.
Which is highly unlikely ............ LOL ~!
Wishing everyone a Terrific Labor Day Holiday weekend !

View attachment 28527
I had to google your lake to see how big of a lake it was. After seeing it on the map, I bet they go by mile marker! Just be happy you don't have to go to sinclair!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are not huge, not be any stretch of the imagination.
We are just "pretty" and well taken care of by Georgia Power, 1 of the main parts of the N.Y.S.E.-listed blue chip, The Southern Companies (utility).

We are "about" 20 miles from 1 end to the other, 19,000 acres in surface area (or 29.77 square miles), and about 376 miles of shoreline, and our average mean water depth is approx 21 feet.

Because we are a "pump back reservoir" our water depth varies less than 18" a day. They use the water for extremely CHEAP power generation if additional is required.
The next morning, when Ga. Pwr has excess capacity, they run a little power back into those generators @ Wallace Dam, which separates Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair,
and the generators then become PUMPS which take water FROM Lake Sinclair and put it back into Oconee.

Georgia Power's LAST lake in Georgia was and will always be Lake Oconee. It is PRIMARILY a fishery for Bass, stripers, crappie, and catfish.
They flooded what was farm land in 1979 after Wallace Dam (between Lake Oconee and our sister lake, Lake Sinclair) was completed.

Georgia Power "Land Management" ( and they have this for all of their 15 or so Lakes in Georgia) owns 100% of all of the shoreline on Lake Oconee. On Lake Sinclair, they own many lots and the home owners pay a small lease fee per year for their home to sit on Ga. Power's property.
Because Ga. Pwr owns all of the shoreline, they dictate what a) Size b) Shape and C) Location a leaseholder can have for a dock.
I have a "Max" dock. Some lots (lake frontage) are so small they can only have a dwarf dock (not much at all.)
They also govern whether you can have a lift, or can it be covered.
Boat Houses are prohibited.

Ad so, they is our little Slice of Heaven. Hope someone enjoyed reading this.
Have a GREAT DAY now ! My Best, Mikey

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now how come I don't see pics of all the stripers you catch?;)