• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So what's everyone's plan for labor day weekend?

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
work all three days! but going to try and hit it next weekend at patoka! Sunday and monday that is..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice!! Is that a rental or private?
Rental. Found it on VRBO.

I want to know too! That looks awesome and expensive. Would y'all call that a destination lake?
It's really not bad at all. Sleeps 8 (2 bedrooms, 2 queen beds in a loft upstairs). $425/night or so? We went to this lake last year on labor day and fell in love with it. And of course, saw these floating cabins all over the place. This is a must-do lake every year for us. My favorite by far. And it's amazing how dead it is. I bet we didn't see 10 other boats on the water last year (not counting what was at the marina or the houseboats that weren't moving). Plus, Fontana Dam is on the lake, which has alot of cool history. And, if you're a car guy, Tail of the Dragon is less than 10 minutes away.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@veedubtek ............ That's just plain a KILLER, Son !
KILLER place to spend a special Holiday weekend !
Like your "style" !
Many Best Wishes for the time of your life - Mikey Lulejian - Livin' the good life on a Lake where it's supposed to rain all weekend ........... LOL !

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
RE-TOX with the help of Miller Lite!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put in on the Mon and head towards Pittsburgh on Saturday (tentatively). Who know for Sunday and Monday. Maybe Cheat Lake one of the days.

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Putting in @ Daytona Sunday and heading up to St Augustine for the night and heading back Mon morning.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Auuuugh!!!! No! Not again.....:arghh:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Car shopping for Momma tomorrow and maybe boating on Sunday if the weather holds.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bill D A wonderful offer, but I don't think we're making it this time...

@mark_m .... You're even farther...

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, we've scoped out that trip before too. If I'm hauling the boat 5 hours we're going to Destin!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Heading for the Mighty Mississippi Sat. May not be a good idea cause it's gonna be a mad house,will be wall to wall pontoon boats. I'm really starting to dislike those things

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, we've scoped out that trip before too. If I'm hauling the boat 5 hours we're going to Destin!
Been wanting to go there myself. Maybe next summer we can plan a JB.net weekend?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Trying to go down to Lake Shaffer to visit a family member. Now 8 am and it takes 2 hours. Raining as well.
20150905_075830.jpg

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
@Bilmon come up to pool 9! Not too crazy.
Boy you're up early!!! Would if it wasn't quite so far. Can get nuts down here but it's kinda fun once in awhile, pic from last year009.jpg

Last edited:

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Putting in @ Daytona Sunday and heading up to St Augustine for the night and heading back Mon morning.
Was going to attempt to put in at St. Augie on Monday, but my serpentine belt in my truck just blew chunks and I'm pretty sure I need a new pulley too, so that's out.
Don't know how much you know the area, but if you're looking for a decent spot to chill in the sun and swim, Crescent Beach is on the right in an inlet just past Fort Matanzas. The inlet is usually calm, there are often dolphin hanging out and the beach is nice. The channel is shallow, stick to the center as much as you can. If you beach on the inland side, it's a wider beach and pretty much boaters only. If you beach on the ocean side, you can walk up the beach (watch the rocks) to Fort Matanzas Nat Mon park... they have decent bathrooms in the parking lot and my passengers usually appreciate the stop.
Oh... right before the big bridge in Palm Coast, put someone on the bow and have them watch the water... Last time we were coming up that way, there was some kind of pole in the water that we barely missed. It's not marked and is near the center of the channel. :S