• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So what's everyone's plan for labor day weekend?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOL .......... You never quit, do ya ?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are not huge, not be any stretch of the imagination.
We are just "pretty" and well taken care of by Georgia Power, 1 of the main parts of the N.Y.S.E.-listed blue chip, The Southern Companies (utility).

We are "about" 20 miles from 1 end to the other, 19,000 acres in surface area (or 29.77 square miles), and about 376 miles of shoreline, and our average mean water depth is approx 21 feet.

Because we are a "pump back reservoir" our water depth varies less than 18" a day. They use the water for extremely CHEAP power generation if additional is required.
The next morning, when Ga. Pwr has excess capacity, they run a little power back into those generators @ Wallace Dam, which separates Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair,
and the generators then become PUMPS which take water FROM Lake Sinclair and put it back into Oconee.

Georgia Power's LAST lake in Georgia was and will always be Lake Oconee. It is PRIMARILY a fishery for Bass, stripers, crappie, and catfish.
They flooded what was farm land in 1979 after Wallace Dam (between Lake Oconee and our sister lake, Lake Sinclair) was completed.

Georgia Power "Land Management" ( and they have this for all of their 15 or so Lakes in Georgia) owns 100% of all of the shoreline on Lake Oconee. On Lake Sinclair, they own many lots and the home owners pay a small lease fee per year for their home to sit on Ga. Power's property.
Because Ga. Pwr owns all of the shoreline, they dictate what a) Size b) Shape and C) Location a leaseholder can have for a dock.
I have a "Max" dock. Some lots (lake frontage) are so small they can only have a dwarf dock (not much at all.)
They also govern whether you can have a lift, or can it be covered.
Boat Houses are prohibited.

Ad so, they is our little Slice of Heaven. Hope someone enjoyed reading this.
Have a GREAT DAY now ! My Best, Mikey
Very interesting. The lake looks much larger than that from space!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL .......... You never quit, do ya ?
Crappie and/or catfish would suffice. But, stripers....now that is a different story! Lake Texoma has some great stripers. Seeing pictures never gets old!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be on the good old Mississippi River / Alton pool , camping out on sandbar Saturday till Monday !!!! It's like your own private island !!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weather permitting we are planning a few days on Lake Thurmond. It's easy enough to decide last minute and make the 7 mile ride, or grt out and race home if the clouds roll in.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman had a nice pic of a striper that he was pursuing!
I sure am glad you only used one "p". :rolleyes:

@MikeyL , you sure do have a slice of heaven my friend. My best wishes to you and Miss Barbie for this last hurrah to signal the official end of summer.

I plan on getting dirty.

The desert is calling me and I cannot resist. 5 days of nothing and everything. From 0 to Sixty (or more) and back again, I will pump enough adrenaline to get me through the winter :cool:

To all my boating compadres I wish you the bestest, funnest, safest holiday you can muster. :winkingthumbsup"

I'll leave you all with this...knowing that next weekend we (I) am going back to the river for what promises to be an epic weekend. Don't tell. :p

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Going to be hanging out at Lake of the Ozarks in the state park by our lonesome. Had some friends have to cancel so its just me and the wifey, plus hopefully the kiddo and her beau will join us for ballast...errr I mean company. :D If any of you are at LOTO, look us up! We'll be hiding in the "quiet" part (lol) past the party cove!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sure am glad you only used one "p". :rolleyes:

@MikeyL , you sure do have a slice of heaven my friend. My best wishes to you and Miss Barbie for this last hurrah to signal the official end of summer.

I plan on getting dirty.

The desert is calling me and I cannot resist. 5 days of nothing and everything. From 0 to Sixty (or more) and back again, I will pump enough adrenaline to get me through the winter :cool:

To all my boating compadres I wish you the bestest, funnest, safest holiday you can muster. :winkingthumbsup"

I'll leave you all with this...knowing that next weekend we (I) am going back to the river for what promises to be an epic weekend. Don't tell. :p
Freudian slip I guess...not sure where my head was on that....:D

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Glassman .......... I have ALWAYS enjoyed all of your goodies.
I get you, man.
Now here's some fun for YOU.
Interesting that you chose a music video by 1 of my family's most FAV band/performers: The Zac Brown Band.
Zac USED to live and work ON Oconee !!!!!!!!!!! He had a restaurant called Zac's Place. It was pretty good, I've heard told.
His dad even managed Harbor Club's restaurant (the gated community where we live) back some 6 years ago. Before he left to help his son Zac out, who by this time had hit it big, and had moved to Fayetteville, GA (south of the ATL airport).
Anyways I digress (which I am bad habit to do) .............
As you listen to "Toes" first Zac "leaves GA" ........ (And I promise you it's Lake Oconee !) ..........
Then as it goes ........ Zac runs out of dinero ($$$) and has to go back home.
He says he has "no money to stay"..............
And he has to "DROP BY THE LAKE @!" "TOES IN THE CLAY" (Lake Oconee has a clay bottom) his butt in a lawn chair .............. and grabs a PBR.
Well, as what you have already guessed by now .......... He IS talking about Lake Oconee. And he has even stated that is several concert appearances.

Toes, along with the award-winning Chicken Fried, came from his first album, "The Foundation" released in the fall of 2008.

So here are a few FUN FACTS you might now know !

"Foundations" was a RE-RELEASE ! here are those details ...........

The initial Zac Brown Band lineup consisted of Brown, on acoustic guitar and lead vocals, backed by a drummer and a bass guitarist. In 2003, Brown started his own label, called Home Grown—it was later renamed "Southern Ground" for legal reasons.

In 2004, Brown opened a music club and restaurant with his father in the Lake Oconee area of Georgia, called "Zac's Place" where the fare was southern-style cooking. A developer bought the restaurant and, in turn, the Zac Brown Band bought a tour bus and began touring full-time, playing rock and country clubs, as well as folk and jam band festivals. The release of the Zac Brown Band's first independent album, Home Grown, occurred during the same year.

"Home Grown" WAS and IS the entire THE FOUNDATION album ! During this time, Zac used to play dives all around, but he persevered and finally the Band caught on big time.
"Mary" is 1 of the songs on this album, and most everyone in Greensboro, Ga of that age group knew/knows Mary. She is a real girl !

In 2008, the Zac Brown Band signed to Live Nation Artists Records, in association with Brown's own Home Grown label.

THEN ! ............. In October 2008, Atlantic Records acquired distribution of "Chicken Fried" after Live Nation Artists closed. The band's album The Foundation was released under Atlantic Records' newly re-established country division in association with the Home Grown/Bigger Picture label on November 18 of that year.[12] "Chicken Fried" reached No. 1 on the country charts that same month, making them the first country band to reach No. 1 with a debut single since Heartland did so in 2006 with "I Loved Her First."

The rest, as they say is history. With excellent distribution and promotion by Atlantic Records, Chicken Fried went viral all over America.

But it all started in the state of Georgia, with a LARGE and important "basis" time-frame right here on Lake Oconee, GA !

Many Best Wishes your way, @Glassman. KEWL SONG you chose to post up !
Mikey Lulejian - Out here on the Lake, my ass in a lawnchair, my feet in the clay.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love Zac Brown Band! I knew he was a Georgia boy. I didn't realize he was from your lake @MikeyL !

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
He's not "from" Lake Oconee ........... He just spent some significant developmental time here.

He and the Band really "gives back" to the community BIG TIME.

Check this one out !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.campsouthernground.org/

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He's not "from" Lake Oconee ........... He just spent some significant developmental time here.

He and the Band really "gives back" to the community BIG TIME.

Check this one out !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.campsouthernground.org/
Gotcha....

That is pretty dang cool. Chalk one up for Zac!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice!! Is that a rental or private?

PEARCE