• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So who has the most hours on their engines?

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1019 hrs when we left Norris last week.
almost talked myself out of buying a newer boat! I’d lose a large bimini, gull wing doors, holeshot and walk-thru.....to get a Red AR240 , I’d have to move up to the 242X -🤷‍♂️

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I bought my 2008 232 Limited in July 2014 with 11 hours on it. With small kids and sitting a lot at anchor, moving, and building a pool between then and now I was up to 60ish hours last June when I checked it. We did use it a good bit last year with kids growing up and liking tubing but I would bet I am still under 100. I need to hook YDS up again and check. I wish I would’ve added hour meters when I bought it. Engine-wise all I’ve done is spark plugs and oil changes. All in all it’s been a great boat.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Impelled What engine maintenance have you had to do? I remember the valve shim disaster. Have you replaced anything expensive?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
629 hours as of last October when I put it away. All the kids have moved away so the hours are not piling up now.
The kids haven’t started asking to borrow the boat for their own social purposes yet?

jtwrace

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
170 hrs on an 1.8L HO which just turned a year old.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
180 on my 08 SX230! Got out once in 2019, and zero in 2018. (and once this year!)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The kids haven’t started asking to borrow the boat for their own social purposes yet?
@Quad The middle one and her husband just built a house in Texas with a boat garage attached that just happens to fit our 212X. I suspect the hours will continue to climb again soon.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
135 hours on a 2018 24'. Racked up about 50 hours in the last three months thanks to the lockdown.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Impelled What engine maintenance have you had to do? I remember the valve shim disaster. Have you replaced anything expensive?
no engine maintenance other than plugs every 2-3 yrs and oil &oil filters every year. Impeller bearings (X2)both sides In 2016, at the 10yr, 700 hr mark. I had a”Yamaha “ mechanic check my valve clearances in 2010 as recommended by Service manual at 250 hrs. Big mistake, bad idea , I don’t recommend messing with it! He didn’t use new O-rings when reinstalling the cooling tube in the valve cover.....but fortunately I saw it starting to leak immediately first time starting up🤷‍♂️
that’s all so far.👍😎

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice. I have had to do more than that to mine and I only have 600 hours.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
165 on my 2011 Challenger SE. Bought it June 2nd with 144. 20 hours in one month, is that bad?? LOL. Given our ~4 month boating season, i have little time to rack up hours.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
no engine maintenance other than plugs every 2-3 yrs and oil &oil filters every year. Impeller bearings (X2)both sides In 2016, at the 10yr, 700 hr mark. I had a”Yamaha “ mechanic check my valve clearances in 2010 as recommended by Service manual at 250 hrs. Big mistake, bad idea , I don’t recommend messing with it! He didn’t use new O-rings when reinstalling the cooling tube in the valve cover.....but fortunately I saw it starting to leak immediately first time starting up🤷‍♂️
that’s all so far.👍😎
@Impelled are you in a slip at alum creek or are you trailering? Additionally, who did the bearing work in the Columbus area? I estimate I'm somewhere around 450 hours on by 07 SX230.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, trailering. I had Lodder's Marine in Cincinnati do it. I didn't buy from Sizzle and can't/won't go there anyway~

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Not even close! 2016 AR 192 MFD cluster states 160, minus the 35 hours from when the engine was rebuilt in 2018. Yamaha does not set hour meter back with rebuild.