• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So you can hate me now...

Hi @dansshin , not too far from you in Western Wisconsin. Not looking forward to putting our boat away either so picked up wet suits for the family. Hope to get some additional times on the lake until early October :) Happy to put it away at that point and shift to the more solid H20 for some boarding fun.

Hey you guys just south of the Mason-Dixon line shouldn't be cashing it in yet. You have at least another month to go.
We try and go boating into at least October every year. Last year we tent camped off the boat the first weekend of October and it was awesome. If my work schedule and the kids activities aline again this year we may try and do it again. With the exception of a few fisherman we had the lake to ourselves.

I can't wait for another 3-4 weeks pass so we can get back out on the water! Too hot and rainy to deal with lately.

There is a fogging oil you can buy to spray through the intake. If you youtube, will @JetBoatPilot did a youtube video a while back on the procedure for winterizing. You can order the oil through him, it is an aeresol.

Not to take business away from Will, but you can buy the stuff at the local auto parts store or even Wal-Mart. It's called "Fogging Oil."

It's a good idea to use this for any gasoline driven equipment that you'll be storing for an extended period. Keeps the innards lubed up nicely.

Oh no..... All this talk about the season ending and putting boats away for a long nap makes me remember shopping for back to school supplies in July when I was a kid!!!!

This is my first year owning a boat. My own boat. I planned on boating straight through thanksgiving, just not wakeboarding, maybe putting on a sweatshirt, maybe just fishing off the boat, but still boating! @MikeyL say something that'll make this bad dream go away!
@njmr2fan - No need to worry. You got this ENJOY THE WATER ALMOST YEAR ROUND thing worked out.
You're gonna be fine.
No better time to enjoy the "warmth" of your significant other than on a cooler Fall day on the water !
Share some photos with us !
You got three KILLER large lakes to chose from, including wonderful Lake Murray, not that far into So. Carolina.
Best Wishes, Happy Boating, and enjoy a great upcoming Labor Day holiday ! Labor Day.gif

PS - Sometime ya oughta just come over and enjoy Lake Oconee. We ain't "that "far away."
If you don't wanna trailer, then msg me and we can all go out on my boat ! <Serious invitation, BTW>
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

NICE!!! I might just do that.

Went out for the 6th time tgis past weekend. Have 3 more planned and it's time to tuck her away in the garage and get to work on the tower, speakers, amp, and a few other projects I have been putting off, like cleaning.

This is our first season with the boat so we're unsure... Past years the weather has been nice until past the end of October at least but then we had no boat to worry about. But there have also been years with some screaming Nor'Easter making a bloody mess of things. This year it's also complicated by a 10 day trip right in the middle of October. Do we keep the boat on the lift while we're away and cross our fingers that there won't be any horrific weather while we're away for a possible couple more week ends of boating (and save one month of storage too) or bag the whole thing at the end of September (TOO SOON!) and not worry about the boat when we're away? Sigh. First world problems...
Probably going to go with the 'bag it early' option...

Sadly my boat is in storage already. We live in Alaska but have a lake house in Wisconsin. We got to use the boat for 3 weeks this summer which is a lot for us. My two 20yr old boys loved tubing. My girlfriend, brother and sister in law, all enjoy the boat too. The good news is the boat is in my new heated storage building.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Sadly my boat is in storage already. We live in Alaska but have a lake house in Wisconsin. We got to use the boat for 3 weeks this summer which is a lot for us. My two 20yr old boys loved tubing. My girlfriend, brother and sister in law, all enjoy the boat too. The good news is the boat is in my new heated storage building.:)
3 weeks?! Yikes!

Hey you guys just south of the Mason-Dixon line shouldn't be cashing it in yet. You have at least another month to go.

I didn't pull out until november last year in nw geaorgia. didn't wakeboard or surf that long, but the days were still pleasureable and color cruises in the tn gorge were gorgeous...especially when accompanied by a bottle of wine.

i'm planning on getting two more months out of the season. hell...i might even don the wetsuit and surf longer this year. water temp is still above 80 now and 70 aint freezing.

Such terrible talk! Noooooooo!
I personally stay in denial that the season is not over until the first threat of a freeze or snow and then do the big scramble to get it out in time. If it is crisp and cold we will bundle up and be out there. My wife was just talking the other day about getting a drysuit so she can ski all winter.

I hate talking about this. The end of the season gets here way to soon.
We've got three more outings planned, between now and October 11. Then it will be time to put her away for the winter. I HATE WINTER!!!

I'm hoping that in return for enduring the summer heat in Alabama we get to boat a couple extra months in the fall...

X2 on the drysuit. I start the season in April in a drysuit and end the season in September in a drysuit!

Our season is just about to start. Yesterday I had my boat put in the water and there was only one other boat going out. In the winter the boats will be lined up--maybe 15-20 along the dock. The cooler weather, end of the rainy season, and the return of the snowbirds really mark the beginning of the boating season in SW Florida.

Unfortunately, I'll be putting my boat in Michigan away for the winter this month. Then I'll go to Florida in October and start boating again there with the jetboat thru the end of May. Forida offers some great boating during the winter months.

Back