• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Solas Impeller on 2019 AR195?

@dshscarab Great post. I am planning to go down a similar path soon with my 2021 195S. Have you done any more experimenting since this post? It seems that some people see large gains with the maptuner, aftermarket cones, impellers, etc. while other see little to no gain.

Hey. No. I have not done any more experimenting. As of now, I have left the factory impeller on. I kept the other one in case I ever need it. Also, heat is definitely a contributing factor. (Heat soak) This summer, I have only been hitting around 44 to 45 MPH even with the tune. Still near zero cavitation unless boat has multiple people / weight

Hey. No. I have not done any more experimenting. As of now, I have left the factory impeller on. I kept the other one in case I ever need it. Also, heat is definitely a contributing factor. (Heat soak) This summer, I have only been hitting around 44 to 45 MPH even with the tune. Still near zero cavitation unless boat has multiple people / weight

Yeah I believe I have some heat soak as well. I'm not sure if its just the excitement of getting on the water but it seems the boat has more power the first few minutes on the water. I do a ton of WOT. I currently have a sealed intake tunnel, Wet wolf adjust a thrust, and cobra fins and can hit 45 with 2 people in 90 degree weather at 1100' and high humidity. When I took the boat out for the first time (all stock) with 2 on board, in 70 degree weather, it topped out at 47. I think my next step is going to be a Fizzle intercooler and BOV ($800) and the maptuner ($950).

Thanks for your reply @ jdkaeser. I actually agree with your statement about the Ribbon delete. I only did it due to my low speeds. I could remove a spacer from the L13 as I am running all 3. However, I still have a little cavitation with all 3 spacers in so I hated to create even more by removing a spacer or two. I have double checked the manifold and everything is sealed up good. There are no leaks that I can find. Also, I just recently replaced the plugs with no difference. I forgot to add that I do have the Cobra Jet but that does not affect speed as far as I know. As far as your fuel question, I always use ethanol-free Recreational 90 fuel. I did add some Boostang to bring the octane up twice with no difference that I could tell. I have not used premium unleaded due to the ethanol content.
You seriously risk damaging your engine by not using the correct fuel. What low octane fuel does in a high compression ratio supercharged engine is knocking. What the engine does to protect itself when it detects knocking is to retard the ignition. That ignition delay reduces your power and. When using the correct fuel the engine down not come back to regular timing inmediately, it might take longer than you spect, even a full tank of gas. Using 10% ethanol is what Yamaha recommends, you can use an stabilizer it it makes you feel better, and also always top off your tank after using it.

I went out this morning, it was 73 degrees with a water temp of 75. (Not to make @jdkaeser jealous lol. I didn't change anything and attempted to run the rest of the fuel out of the boat. I had 45 % according to the fuel gauge. The boat ran the best it ever has. I actually touched 46 mph for a few seconds. It consistently ran 45 MPH @ 7550 to 7610 RPM. Maybe cooler temperatures are a factor. Maybe there is still some heat soak even with the newer boats.
Are testing with Bimini top?

I'd give some good ol 93 a chance. 10% based Ethanol gasoline will actually increase performance in boosted engines. Some street racers will use E85 with boosted engines for added performance. We tend to shy away from them in boats for the whole fear of the water separation. If your using the boat regularly, regular 93 should be fine. If it's going to sit let's say over winter. Topping it off and adding sta-bil will cover your butt. A lot of the octane boosters are garbage from what I've been reading. I'm not familiar with the product you're using but I know the guys on the Engine Power tv show use stuff called Race Gas from www.race-gas.com. I'm sure they get paid for product placements on the show but they also seem to pick the best stuff to get the best results. Also, the can is ugly which makes me think it works! I work in marketing and design so sometimes the slickest looking can has the worst shit in it! I know I'm going to give it a try to see how it works since no marinas I've ever been to have high octane fuel. I'm a day boater anyway, only 2 or 3 trips a year where the boat will be in the water for several days and need to fill up on the lake.
Do you trailer it, why not putting gas at the gas station, way cheaper than marinas

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions @haknslash, I don't have anyone sitting forward of me in the boat. During the summer, My top speed was around 41 / 42 at approximately 7100 to 7200 RPM. Only yesterday morning did I ever see the speed hit 45 and the RPMs up to 7550 to 7610. I do not wet slip. Trailer only. I also waxed the bottom of the boat prior to going out yesterday. (Maybe why I got an extra few MPH) I use the Magic Lube on the clean out and have checked the seal. There is always a little water sitting on top which I have read is normal. When I removed the Ribbon, I checked the throttle stop and adjusted it slightly so that it hits full throttle. As far as your theory about the impeller, I have wondered that myself. That is why I was thinking about putting on a Solas.
Waxed bottoms in fact reduce your speed. You should not wax the bottom.

Back