• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sold Yamaha 242 Limited-S for Scarab 255 Open

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi gang.....thanks for all the info regarding the 255 open. I been looking, watching, dreaming, just could not pull trigger over summer. I too have lots of toys for kids but we are phasing out tubing for more cruising, fishing, entertaining. My son and I just drove 3 hrs one way to look at 255s because 2 units are marked down (2018).

Curious though on the tube at stern, I assume you have to have tailgate open since it’s a low point. Does the rope rub the mat, tailgate? Can kids or adults get back on boat without the tailgate ladder?
I have never had any trouble pulling a tube from stern or from the tower. The tuners preferred being pulled from tower because from the lower stern the rope would splash water in their faces often. I know it is not a best practice but if you aren’t going too fast the air they might get is more fun then dangerous.
Enjoy
Tim

Liveto99

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Plenty of storage on the FSH21, and we can boat the extra week as you get the engine replaced. The Scarab 25 looks awesome I was on the one at Cycle Springs, But long term reliability Yamaha has proven it and Scarab has fallen short. If you are getting a new boat every few years I would go with the Scarab it us nice, but I’m keeping it for a while so Yamaha.