• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober 5's Completed Build (Pic Heavy)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Dude, keep your steering cables lubed. Nightmare scenario if you have to replace them. Damn.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Where can I get those clips for my slide anchor? Great storage idea
Update...I don't think those clips will work for my slide anchor. It weighs like 50lbs and I can probably get arrested for having it. HUGE

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

skippyOnward

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are the pics of the area directly behind the helm. It's a mess due to the amount of space we were working with but the stock piece of fabric covers everything nicely and gives it a neat appearance. The black box to the left of the LED Zone Controller is the Black Box Brain of the Wet Sounds MC-1 Head Unit.View attachment 149696View attachment 149697View attachment 149698
Oh my lanta, that's nauseating to look at. Lol.

I showed my wife just the audio wiring diagram for our boat and she couldnt respond. Zero interest in trying to understand it. :D

It looks like you have each LED wire running into the relay box and its terminated inside the box as opposed to soldering the jumble together outside the box and then terminating only 4 wires inside it. This right?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered, thanks. You screwed them into the cover?
Those are also the ones I ordered for my slide anchor and I attached them to the cover. I did it a little different and used stainless steel bolts/washers/nuts to secure it. Being that the slide anchor is heavy I didn't want to take any chances. However, that area of the boat probably sees the least vertical movement since its so close to the boats pivot point when on the water.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dude, keep your steering cables lubed. Nightmare scenario if you have to replace them. Damn.
Oh my lanta, that's nauseating to look at. Lol.

I showed my wife just the audio wiring diagram for our boat and she couldnt respond. Zero interest in trying to understand it. :D

It looks like you have each LED wire running into the relay box and its terminated inside the box as opposed to soldering the jumble together outside the box and then terminating only 4 wires inside it. This right?
I'm going to be honest with you.... I have know idea when it comes to the LEDs. My installer is bad ass and I trust him so I didn't ask any questions. All I know is that it was a royal pain in the ass doing four zones. The set up has been bullet proof so far and works flawlessly when interfacing it with the MC-1.

Luckily that area is completely covered and you cant see that mess when opening up the locker behind the helm.

There just wasn't that much room to work with after installing the 5 amps, breakers and capacitor.

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not into the center cover.

You are able to remove the center cover and access the area directly under the area. Makes installation a breeze.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober questions for you (hopefully I didn't miss these if you answered already):

1. Where are you going to put a trash can? Did you come up with a super cool solution for this?
  2. Where did you get the bungee phone holders? Do they make a slightly bigger one? I need these!
  3. Does the mirror mount on the tower impinge on the bimini fabric? Can you get a closer shot of that bracket? I'd love to move my mirror up to a tower mount - one concern I'd had was how much the tower moves/vibrates - have you been happy with it there?
  4. How easy is that cooler to get stuff in and out of? Can it handle bottles? (Yeah I know....some people don't bring bottles on boats....I do....I like beer in a bottle!) We had one with a zipper down the center....and it was a PITA to get into.....sold it on ebay.
  • Where are you going to put a trash can? Did you come up with a super cool solution for this? ----I've been trying to come up a good solution for this for years and I always come back to tying off a high quality trash bag (that wont leak) to the bar that is installed behind the access door to port-o-potty compartment.
  • Where did you get the bungee phone holders? Do they make a slightly bigger one? I need these! --- They make tons of different sizes. Here is the link for the ones I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXL2KZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Does the mirror mount on the tower impinge on the bimini fabric? Can you get a closer shot of that bracket? I'd love to move my mirror up to a tower mount - one concern I'd had was how much the tower moves/vibrates - have you been happy with it there? ------ Does not interfere with the fabric. I will update the post later with some pics. It does vibrate a bit but I'm extremely happy with it. and would do it again. I think the overall look is very clean, and it frees up the area just above the windshield that would otherwise be blocked by a bolt on mirror.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I really meant the platform, behind the access cover. The cover could never hold that beast.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm going to be honest with you.... I have know idea when it comes to the LEDs. My installer is bad ass and I trust him so I didn't ask any questions. All I know is that it was a royal pain in the ass doing four zones. The set up has been bullet proof so far and works flawlessly when interfacing it with the MC-1.

Luckily that area is completely covered and you cant see that mess when opening up the locker behind the helm.

There just wasn't that much room to work with after installing the 5 amps, breakers and capacitor.
You need to name you boat "Out of Control".....With all those mods, you got room for passengers? LOL

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really meant the platform, behind the access cover. The cover could never hold that beast.
Yup, the platform/cover not the small access hatch.
Here is how I mounted mine copying @Sotally Tober method.

SandAnchor.jpg
SandAnchorStraps.jpg

SandAnchor-Strap.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Perfect....

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober questions for you (hopefully I didn't miss these if you answered already):

1. Where are you going to put a trash can? Did you come up with a super cool solution for this?
  2. Where did you get the bungee phone holders? Do they make a slightly bigger one? I need these!
  3. Does the mirror mount on the tower impinge on the bimini fabric? Can you get a closer shot of that bracket? I'd love to move my mirror up to a tower mount - one concern I'd had was how much the tower moves/vibrates - have you been happy with it there?
  4. How easy is that cooler to get stuff in and out of? Can it handle bottles? (Yeah I know....some people don't bring bottles on boats....I do....I like beer in a bottle!) We had one with a zipper down the center....and it was a PITA to get into.....sold it on ebay.
Here is the bracket that holds the mirror arm and the best trash can mod I've ever found.

IMG_4403.jpegIMG_4407.jpegIMG_4408.jpeg

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length

skippyOnward

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Well here's to seeing if I can the lighting wired right! 🍻

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
  • Where are you going to put a trash can? Did you come up with a super cool solution for this? ----I've been trying to come up a good solution for this for years and I always come back to tying off a high quality trash bag (that wont leak) to the bar that is installed behind the access door to port-o-potty compartment.
  • Where did you get the bungee phone holders? Do they make a slightly bigger one? I need these! --- They make tons of different sizes. Here is the link for the ones I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXL2KZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Does the mirror mount on the tower impinge on the bimini fabric? Can you get a closer shot of that bracket? I'd love to move my mirror up to a tower mount - one concern I'd had was how much the tower moves/vibrates - have you been happy with it there? ------ Does not interfere with the fabric. I will update the post later with some pics. It does vibrate a bit but I'm extremely happy with it. and would do it again. I think the overall look is very clean, and it frees up the area just above the windshield that would otherwise be blocked by a bolt on mirror.
Just curious, can you fold the bimini down, or remove it?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious, can you fold the bimini down, or remove it?
The oversized bimini frame that comes on the 242SE does not easily remove; however, the bimini fabric does. The tower will fold forward if you need additional clearance.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good Lord, are there pigeons in that warehouse? Looks like they shat on your speaker brackets.
Those are dead bugs from my 3 hour San Diego to Yuma, AZ desert commute to the river. I always forget to clean up there.