• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober might be back again (for the third time)...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
l'll be transferring back to San Diego on 1 April 2020 and I do not intend on being boatless. My wife and I are back in the market for a Yamaha, specifically a 2019 242 Limited S with the E-Package in Suede Gray (pic attached). The problem is that the 2019's are becoming scarce and the dealer that I've bought multiple Yamaha's from, "M20 Marine" in San Diego, just sold their last. Now I'm on the hunt for a reputable dealer in Southern California and need your help. It appears "Burts Mega Mall" in Covina has a few of the 242's in Suede Gray in stock, however, I have know experience with them. If we do go through with this purchase expect another crazy sound system and of course a pole... Thanks guys.F42BDCB6-9148-416C-84D7-5EA3B3665FCF.jpg

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
l'll be transferring back to San Diego on 1 April 2020 and I do not intend on being boatless.
Can you not ask your dealer to have one transferred to them from the others? A sale is a sale.

Also, what's the pole for...dancers?
🧐

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you not ask your dealer to have one transferred to them from the others? A sale is a sale.

Also, what's the pole for...dancers?
🧐
Never thought of that. Might be worth asking. The pole is for the ladies...IMG_2013.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear you made it back,

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome back! And thank you for your service.

Looking forward to more epic threads on your surface boating activities soon.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Right now I'm considering all wet sounds: six Rev-10s, ten Revo 6.5s, two 12 inch XXX subs, two 10inch IB Revo Subs, Wetsounds MC-1 Head unit, all wet sounds amps. Replacing the boat batteries with 4 Battle Born Lithium Ion batteries, and fabricating a stripper pole. Hopefully this works out.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yaaaassss that things gonna bump

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Right now I'm considering all wet sounds: six Rev-10s, ten Revo 6.5s, two 12 inch XXX subs, two 10inch IB Revo Subs, Wetsounds MC-1 Head unit, all wet sounds amps. Replacing the boat batteries with 4 Battle Born Lithium Ion batteries, and fabricating a stripper pole. Hopefully this works out.
This also applies to your photo as well. I salute you sir!

<iframe src="Ice Cube Friday Movie GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Come make a trip up to MN and ask for Luke Stoker! I'm on my third boat with the guy and have much respect for the man.

If you buy the boat I found for you I respectfully request a passenger spot for an outing and to meet some of your "friends."

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come make a trip up to MN and ask for Luke Stoker! I'm on my third boat with the guy and have much respect for the man.

If you buy the boat I found for you I respectfully request a passenger spot for an outing and to meet some of your "friends."
I travelled a few hours to buy my boat from River Valley Marine (in 2009) and had a good experience, FWIW.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my '09 from Bert's in '12 (it was a new holdover from the downturn). They are a BIG power sports dealer and they were OK. Somewhat disorganized on delivery day but overall they were up & up with the sale and not trying to swindle anything. I say if the boat you want is there, give them a call and work a deal. You can always take it back to M20 for service...where you have a relationship. I'd bet M20 won't hassle you too much as they already sold through their 19 inventory.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I travelled a few hours to buy my boat from River Valley Marine (in 2009) and had a good experience, FWIW.

Thanks for the tip!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my '09 from Bert's in '12 (it was a new holdover from the downturn). They are a BIG power sports dealer and they were OK. Somewhat disorganized on delivery day but overall they were up & up with the sale and not trying to swindle anything. I say if the boat you want is there, give them a call and work a deal. You can always take it back to M20 for service...where you have a relationship. I'd bet M20 won't hassle you too much as they already sold through their 19 inventory.
So I contacted Burts Mega Mall and they WONT hold the 2019 Limited SE with a deposit and they WONT cut a deal over the phone to secure it. They told me to contact them towards the end of next month and if they have any of the four 2019 242 Limited SE's in Suede Gray left they would hold one for me until the first week of April when I can come in person. So that is were we stand. If I cant get my hands on the Suede Gray next month I'm inclined to wait until the 21's come out to see the color schemes. Anyone know approximately when the 2021's will be revealed and is there a redesign of the 242s coming?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New model year boats in August. Here is a list from Boat Trader. Not sure how far your willing to travel. Or maybe can arrange a dealer swap.

Last edited: