• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Southeast meet-up

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So there is Bimini and there is Shelbyville but someone should put together a southern meet-up and gathering. There are plenty of large and beautiful lakes in AL, TN, GA etc and plenty of members in these areas or close-by. Sure I don't have a jet boat anymore but we all love water and hell I've been on here for years and always fun to meet people off the forums. Someone should get something going if there is interest. What say you?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So there is Bimini and there is Shelbyville but someone should put together a southern meet-up and gathering. There are plenty of large and beautiful lakes in AL, TN, GA etc and plenty of members in these areas or close-by. Sure I don't have a jet boat anymore but we all love water and hell I've been on here for years and always fun to meet people off the forums. Someone should get something going if there is interest. What say you?
Pretty sure I saw someone post here and on FB about a "large" gathering taking place July 25th this year in NC.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No offense to Falls Lake but I'd rather it be at a nice clean, clear lake. Those are my favorite where water visibility is high. Lake Martin, Smith Lake, Norris Lake, maybe Lanier but it's kind of a party lake etc.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How about center Hill or Dale hollow in Tennessee?

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be at Lake Norman in August. I'd probably be down to meet up with some people.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d be down. Probably moving to Chattanooga in early summer, so I’ll be a local by then.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lake Keowee or Lake Murray in SC are both awesome lakes to put something together on.

I could definitely make it up to a Lake Norman get together as well.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can make Lake Norman as well if we want to try that.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake lanier.. poker run weekend... or lake keowee is super nice also. Depending doing on weekend and ball we will travel/camp anywhere within 4-5 hours.

My mom is close to norman, I'm 30min from Lanier. Murray is about 3 hrs away. Keowee hour and half.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in doing it on Keowee, I'll help put it all together.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If anyone is interested in doing it on Keowee, I'll help put it all together.
I'd say tie up at jumping rock, but that place gets crowded. June is out for us.. mid to late july would be best

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happy to see some interest!!

Anyone interested in Smith or Lake Martin here in Bama? Both are beautiful lakes with deep clear water. Smith has a lot of cliffs to jump off of and is very long and winding. Super deep too. Lake Martin also has clear waters but it’s a larger area body of water with more coves to get off the main channel, restaurants, more lodging and condo or home rental options and things to do on the water and coastline. I’ve posted pics and vids of these places y’all may have seen.

What is the average distance for everyone to go to Lanier? It’s about 3 hours and 15 mins from me to Lanier Park on the southern end of the lake. Is it a party lake or are there areas we can chill in a cove or find places to surf with good water?

Weekend or day trip?

Last edited:

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Anyone interested in Smith or Lake Martin here in Bama? Both are beautiful lakes with deep clear water. Smith has a lot of cliffs to jump off of and is very long and winding. Super deep too. Lake Martin also has clear waters but it’s a larger area body of water with more coves to get off the main channel, restaurants and things to do on the water and coastline. I’ve posted pics and vids of these places y’all may have seen.

What is the average distance for everyone to go to Lanier? It’s about 3 hours and 15 mins from me to Lanier Park on the southern end of the lake. Is it a party lake or are there areas we can chill in a cove or find places to surf with good water?

Weekend or day trip?
I'd be Much more likely to go to a gathering at Smith Lake or Lake Martin. Love Smith Lake and not too bad a drive from New Orleans.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd be Much more likely to go to a gathering at Smith Lake or Lake Martin. Love Smith Lake and not too bad a drive from New Orleans.
It is a beautiful lake for sure! Of the two I prefer Martin but Smith is real nice too and I like how the scenery changes on the lake as you cross counties

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For me......
Smith lake is 5hrs
Lake Martin is 7.25hrs
Lanier is 7.5hrs
Dale Hollow is 3hrs
Douglas is 4.5hrs
Norris is 5hrs

Martin and Lanier are probably a no go for me. That's a long day for the wife and boys. Smith, Douglas, and Norris are weekend trips. Dale Hollow could be a day trip if I push it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I think we'd probably need to do this over a weekend. Some people could come for the day if they wanted but I'd hate to feel rushed and would rather soak it all in over a weekend.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yea I think we'd probably need to do this over a weekend. Some people could come for the day if they wanted but I'd hate to feel rushed and would rather soak it all in over a weekend.
What area Of Martin lake are you suggesting? From overhead it looks huge, about 30 miles from end to end

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What area Of Martin lake are you suggesting? From overhead it looks huge, about 30 miles from end to end
It’s a fairy big lake with 750 miles of shoreline. I typically launch on the north side of the lake (Alexander City) and hang around the eastern (Dadeville) and southern ends near the dam and Goat Island. There is boat launching and home, condo and cabin rentals all around the lake though. It is a very, very nice lake!

CC8E40F5-3753-4725-96DE-C5A614E795EE.png

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Anyone interested in Smith or Lake Martin here in Bama? Both are beautiful lakes with deep clear water. Smith has a lot of cliffs to jump off of and is very long and winding. Super deep too. Lake Martin also has clear waters but it’s a larger area body of water with more coves to get off the main channel, restaurants, more lodging and condo or home rental options and things to do on the water and coastline. I’ve posted pics and vids of these places y’all may have seen.

Weekend or day trip?
Lanier is about 2 hours for me.
Smith is 5.5 hrs
Martin is 5 hours.

I would be in for Lanier, Murray, Keowee, Norman, or Hartwell. Unfortunately anything further than those would take too much time and we already have a few bigger trips planned throughout the summer.

I'll follow the thread to see what the consensus ends up being. Glad to see some interest in a southeast meet up no matter what!