• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spark plug Up Date

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys just thought I would up date a few findings on my first 73 hours on a 2013 SX240HO I purchased last winter in Chicago ........she now lives in FL.

First old plugs orange rag must have been original 7 years old not looking too good. I just pulled the #1 on port looks great so I just stopped there........ she starts vary quick so no plug change yet.

Last I just wanted to take a look at the Jet drive plugs 73 hours in salt water(nothing to complain about hear). The plugs are always dry(one top) after boating on bay all day

I am sending an oil sample in to Blackstone labs just to get a reference point. Changing oil soon.

I also have both impellers making noise(since I have had it) it sure sounds like the the SS housing is making contact with the impellers I have a video of the noise ( getting worse) Both engines are quiet running in the water but put her on a hose, out of the water the metal scraping noise sounds will get your attention for sure. I'll pull impellers soon to check the housings.

End up date......... I still love this boat and have learned a lot from you experienced jet owners. Thanks guys for making this site such a great experience.

Attachments

• IMG_3450 (2).JPG
    IMG_3450 (2).JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3101.JPG
    IMG_3101.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3184.JPG
    IMG_3184.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3181.JPG
    IMG_3181.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
I had to replace my impeller housing not to long ago it had wear mark where it was making contact if you go with factory replacement the only place I found 1 was riva racing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Also some people are using after market ones with a plastic liner that is replaceable that way when the liner goes bad all you have to do is replace the liner

I have been looking at those they are peaking my interest.

The only problem I see with the plastic liners is that they get gouged way more easy than the stainless ones our boats come with. While easier to replace, the fact that they are "softer" than our OEM ones means quicker damage by foreign objects swallowed by our pumps. So cavitation is possible sooner than with the stainless liners.

I thought the same because I’m always in the river and there are quite a few sticks and bark Also if you pull your impellers and go to replace your housing there’s a really good video that shows how to (the ultimate Yamaha jet pump pull)

A win for Yamaha vs the liner in Seadoo.

SS Liner if you dont want to suffer from problems above.

Back