• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker Suggestions

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What up all. I have a 2017 Ar195 and one of the stock speakers has blown. I want to replace all 4 with a nicer quality speaker. I have upgraded the stock radio to the Fusion MS-RA70. What would give me the most bang for my buck as a drop in replacement?

Thanks in advance!

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have had Pioneer Rockford and Wetsounds. The they all had a good to great sound. My current boat '18 242x is all upgraded WS. and I'm very pleased. I would suggest
Wet Sounds XS-65 6.5" Coaxial Speaker SBT-XS65S-IL-11 for $203
They are listed here Wet Sounds XS-65 6.5" Coaxial Speaker
But If you just search the part # SBT-XS65S-IL-11 you can find them much cheaper. EX. Wet Sounds 6.5 2-Way Marine Speakers - Silver - XS-65i-S | Boats.net
One of my posts on how to. It also works for JL audio

or another good company Outlet - Wet Sounds - Page 3 - Creative Audio

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had Pioneer Rockford and Wetsounds. The they all had a good to great sound. My current boat '18 242x is all upgraded WS. and I'm very pleased. I would suggest
But If you just search the part # SBT-XS65S-IL-11 you can find them much cheaper. EX. Wet Sounds 6.5 2-Way Marine Speakers - Silver - XS-65i-S | Boats.net

Awesome tip! Appreciate the details! I was highly considering wet sounds. Trying to stay around 400 bucks or so all in. They are right around that price point. I’m looking to hear the music better while underway without being harsh.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Your boat came with the db651 stock right?

honestly, without adding an amp, I don’t see a reason to upgrade. Just get some replacement 651s. Adding an amp to the 651s would be better than getting more expensive speakers running off the deck. I’d get some replacements (you can find used “new” speakers here from time to time for a good price) and add an amp personally.

otherwise up your budget a bitmore and go with some better quality speakers with an amp.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since we have some Wet Sounds experts here, @jacoviii & @Sotally Tober ....
  1. Are the XS-65 speakers “recon“s or “revo”s? I see a lot of people upgrading their factory speakers to revos and am not sure which these are, as if I’m going to the effort of upgrading I’d prefer revos.
  2. Even with a good head unit like a Fusion, will upgrading to Revos be underwhelming without a separate amp? (I too have a small budget and would rather add a amp and subwoofer at a later date.)
  3. Lastly, are Revos only available with LEDs now, that’s all I see on W-S’s website.
I’ve wanted to do a JL Audio speaker setup with a sub, amp, and good head unit for sometime, but that’ll be at least $2-2.5k. Now I’m thinking a W-S head unit and 4 speakers to get me started. I’d like Revos, but I don’t want to get LEDs.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
IMO, Revos will be a waste without an amp. However if budget limitations apply, get the Revos (or whatever) and add an amp later.
But if you don’t ever plan to amp them, I wouldn’t waste your money.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You'll get better sound with better speakers but the amp will make a huge difference.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Talk to Odin @Earmark Marine he can hook you up with a package deal for your boat and will stand behind you with install questions. I used JL Audio 6.5 MX650s and amped them with a 800/8 marine amp

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or, if you are looking for substantial improvement without springing for the amp right now, I got Polk DB651's. $65/pair. A substantial improvement over what was stock in my boat...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree, buying high end speakers without an amp is a waste of money. If you want to hear the music better while cruising, you need an amp to get the speakers singing. My boat came with Polk speakers and they sound quite good once you get a decent amp for them. I'm adding another pair of matching 652 speakers to the cockpit this spring and running all 8 speakers off a marine rated JL Audio MX500/4 amp. Sounds good now, and will be great with the extra speakers to boost volume in the cockpit.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or, if you are looking for substantial improvement without springing for the amp right now, I got Polk DB651's. $65/pair. A substantial improvement over what was stock in my boat...
Hi @tdonoughue, I looked up the Polk DB651s and see they are discontinued with a new DB652 model as the replacement. (I need to replace a blown speaker and want to replace and upgrade the others without buying a new amp). Point being, you mentioned they are a big improvement which I need. Thanks for the tip!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi @tdonoughue, I looked up the Polk DB651s and see they are discontinued with a new DB652 model as the replacement. (I need to replace a blown speaker and want to replace and upgrade the others without buying a new amp).
How about buying 2 new DB652 speakers for similar matching sound in one location, like the bow or stern, and keeping the rest as is?
Point being, you mentioned they are a big improvement which I need. Thanks for the tip!
The 651's you have are decent...I think tdonoughue was commenting on his older stock speakers from 2012 and the 651's being a nice improvement. The 652's are similar to the 651's so you likely won't notice much difference.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How about buying 2 new DB652 speakers for similar matching sound in one location, like the bow or stern, and keeping the rest as is?

The 651's you have are decent...I think tdonoughue was commenting on his older stock speakers from 2012 and the 651's being a nice improvement. The 652's are similar to the 651's so you likely won't notice much difference.
Hi @212s, Thanks for chiming in with your advice! I sincerely appreciate you taking time time. I also might throw a post out there to see if anyone wants to sell a 651 that is upgrading their sound system. Thanks again!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi @212s, Thanks for chiming in with your advice! I sincerely appreciate you taking time time. I also might throw a post out there to see if anyone wants to sell a 651 that is upgrading their sound system. Thanks again!
That's a good idea...I forgot that the 651 speakers are silver/gold and they wouldn't match.