• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Springfield Pedestal Adjustment

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, there's a plate under the floor. That's what the factory bolts thread into. The plate is square. As long as you're not making the bolt circle substantially larger than stock, the plate will be there.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've considered rebolting/remounting the pedestal to line up the (locking) groove with the front of the boat. However, so far I find the semi-free-rotating pedestal very much to my liking. There is enough resistance from the friction plate to not make it feel flimsy, and I find being able to rotate the chair without having to unlock it useful.

But - also good to know there are options. Thanks, @Scottie for posting on this!

--

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with that. I find that I leave my stock seat unlocked most days as well and just tighten the tension. I think us fat kids like to rotate the seat to getup!

Quick question for the OP, with the seat so high, was there any issue reaching the throttles? Our 2011 has more of a barrel seat, and I worried about that space to reach the throttles once raised.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with that. I find that I leave my stock seat unlocked most days as well and just tighten the tension. I think us fat kids like to rotate the seat to getup!

Quick question for the OP, with the seat so high, was there any issue reaching the throttles? Our 2011 has more of a barrel seat, and I worried about that space to reach the throttles once raised.
Not to answer for the OP, but my 0.02
The seat comes up way higher I would ever need/want it to be. However it still comes donw about as low as the OEM, so really no harm.

I forgot to add - as long as the new pedestal is not at its lowest position, it actually provides some pneumatic cushioning - which is kind of great (and kind of unbelievable if one considers the price).

--

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried this pedestal on a 19’? Looks awesome!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that's the pone I got, yes - 100%.
It does not line up strait forward in the locked position, but I found it (surprisingly) not an issue at all. It also can be a little stubborn to move up and down if not exercised too often, but it is great overall especially for what I paid.

Wish I had it during the last Bimini trip!

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep! Bought first one for my wife on the port side...she loves being able to sit higher to see better (she’s 5’2”). Just bought another for the captains seat for when she pilots while I wakeboard.
This was my first thought, as well. 5’2” wife has trouble driving even with the bolster up.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered. Thanks, ya'll! I've been wanting to do this for a while. It seems like when riding with the bolster up the top of the window frame is right in my line of site. The adjustability sounds perfect.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else receive a free gift with their pedestal? I finally decided to unpacked mine after having it for a couple weeks and noticed a label on the side of the box, which said, "Free Gift". Check this out!
20190317_122039-01.jpeg
:hilarious: I guess a lot of golfers buy these seat posts...? Lol!

Last edited:

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone install this on a 2012-16ish 21 footer?

I have a 2012 SX210 and am considering this, but wanted to make sure the mounting base for the seat would fit.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone install this on a 2012-16ish 21 footer?]
i put a very similar seat from garelick in my 2013 212x. The aluminum plate below the deck is large and square. I drilled new holes and tapped by hand. So if it lines up, great. If not, just drill and tap new ones. Nice and easy.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i put a very similar seat from garelick in my 2013 212x. The aluminum plate below the deck is large and square. I drilled new holes and tapped by hand. So if it lines up, great. If not, just drill and tap new ones. Nice and easy.
Thanks for the info. Looking to ensure the seat would fit on the new pedestal.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Decided that I wanted more visibility while sitting so I purchased the pneumatic pedestal from Springfield. The base fits exactly where the original holes for the fixed pedestal went. The problem I have is there is a center grove with a level that locks the seat into along with the adjustment screw but where the screws line up the grove is off center. If I place the pedestal where the groove is center to the steering wheel the base holes don't line up.

Is there anyway to make adjustments to the pedestal. I am not going to drill more holes in the boat. I can live with just the adjustment screw but there is some wobbling of the chair.

Picture showing vertical groove slightly off centered but base holes line up
View attachment 83152

Second picture is vertical groove lined up straight to steering wheel but base holes no longer line up
View attachment 83153

Looking mechanism into center groove
View attachment 83154
I bought the exact same pedestal for my 2014 212x two years ago and had the same issue. Love the adjustment but hated that it would lock in off center. I ended up drilling a new hole in the top of the post where the mechanism locks on the post about and inch over and it solved the problem. Now when it locks in just off center I click the lever and spin the chair to line up straight and it locks in the new holes I drilled in the shaft. Hope this helps you. Your back will be very happy as you don't have to sit on the bolster all day hunched over the wheel. Happy boating.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hope this helps you. Your back will be very happy as you don't have to sit on the bolster all day hunched over the wheel. Happy boating.
DAMN YOU! Medical justification for boat farkles! Now I have to go order one.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Although now that I think about it , yours is a better idea because you can write if off your taxes. Brilliant !!!!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So one thing I noticed, the link above was for Cascade Depot. Which has the exact same checkout/cart system as Springfield Marine's main site. And the same pedestal is in the Springfield Marine Closeout/scratch and dent section for the same exact price.

I ran the cart for both, and tax was added to both, but shipping was a couple dollars less at Cascade depot. I even ran a coupon code search for both. As they came up on the common code sites. I'm really amazed at how high the full MSRP on that pedestal is anywhere else. I'm glad it will work for us.

Thanks for the research guys. Mine is on order.

Last edited: