• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sr230 yamaha throttle shifter

z3cta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Good morning
Help please
Can anyone tell me if the throttle shifter should stay up on its own or constantly needs to be held up to the desired speed? Mine will not stay up and I want to know if that is normal. I own a 2003 yamaha sr230

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,

update your profile with your location so we know where you're boating,

How long have you owned your boat? does it have the mr1 engines or 2 stroke?

throttles slipping back is a common problem, we have it documented along with many other issues in our FAQ tab at the top of the page,
here is the link to fixing it,

Last edited by a moderator:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe your throttles on the SR are the less common teleflex style levers. If you post a picture that will help us know for certain. I believe there are friction screws on the assembly either on the sides or under. Perhaps the parts diagram can help locate them.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

z3cta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,

update your profile with your location so we know where you're boating,

How long have you owned your boat? does it have the mr1 engines or 2 stroke?

throttles slipping back is a common problem, we have it documented along with many other issues in our FAQ tab at the top of the page,
here is the link to fixing it,
Glad to be here, thanks for the feedback. I have the MR1 engines, had it for about 3 years now
btw, I am in Greater Phoenix, Lake Pleasant

z3cta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Glad to be here, thanks for the feedback
btw, I am in Greater Phoenix, Lake Pleasant
I believe your throttles on the SR are the less common teleflex style levers. If you post a picture that will help us know for certain. I believe there are friction screws on the assembly either on the sides or under. Perhaps the parts diagram can help locate them.

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, that ultra flex lettering is the same on the SeaDoos. I think the screws are underneath, so it needs to come out to be tightened.

z3cta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Yes, that ultra flex lettering is the same on the SeaDoos. I think the screws are underneath, so it needs to come out to be tightened.
Hey, thank man, I hope that works. Seems an easy fix. Greatly appreciate it . I will post updates