• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Starboard engine a no show... not sure why

I'm in the same boat. Everything worked PERFECT since I got it a few years ago, now this year all of a sudden I have a stubborn port engine. And there's a few people with the same issue.

Makes me kind of wonder if there's some gas formulation change that we don't know about, and one of the engines is touchy enough that we have problems with it but the other is fine. Completely random whether my port engine will start right up or not.
That stinks. The randomness of it is the worst part and can ruin a day on the water. When I get time to inspect my lanyard and cleanout switches I'll swap one of them.

Another thing I thought of earlier was maybe the plug boots weren't making a solid connection to the spark plugs. Mine had some rust in them. Hopefully the dielectric grease will remove that potential issue from the equation.

Strange, but the left plug in the second picture looks like a fouled plug but you say that is the non trouble engine.
I went out this weekend and the starboard engine ran great. However now the port engine is having trouble staying running while at idle. Last summer I remember a couple of times when the port engine would die when we were just idling. Top RPMs were around 10000 so I didn't pay much attention to it. This weekend it happened more than a half dozen times and started to get annoying. It would always start right up, but towards the end of a 7 hour boating day I noticed the RPMs for the port engine were not going above 9600 RPMs.

I would definitely pull that plug where the (looked wet) plug came from and see what the new plug looks like.

I ran the boat hard the last couple of days and had no problems with the port engine. The not hitting max rpms was due to throttle sync holding it back. I need to do a little adjusting. With throttle sync disengaged it topped out right around 10k. One last peculiar thing I noticed was that when getting up to speed pulling a wakeboarder the port would start at 10k then slowly drop back to 9.6k while getting on plane. Once on plane it would then move back to 10k before I throttled back to help perfect pass lock in.

Back