• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering question.....?

That is your call on the choice between the magnum ak and the ultimate ak either will work at all speeds in rough conditions and make a big difference especially if you add the mega fang plus system the total for those two would be 544 but if you go with the ultimate ak and mega fangs + it is 100 more so that is up to you. I honestly believe either will make you happy.

What is the biggest difference between the Ultimate ak and the magnum ak both with mega fang plus? Basically what will I gain from one to the other?

Ultimates are larger and have more adjustments, they have the ability to be set down at a variety of levels and they are spring loaded, also they have the ability to be set to go up at speed or to stay down at speed. The magnum set is smaller has less adjustments and is not spring loaded. both have toe second tie rod, this balances out your steering system having both sides of the steering system share the work and there is also redundancy as well as the ability to actually set your nozzles in place allowing you to put in a slight tow in at the leading edges of the fins and square them with the rudder. Something you just became slightly familiar with.

Ultimates are larger and have more adjustments, they have the ability to be set down at a variety of levels and they are spring loaded, also they have the ability to be set to go up at speed or to stay down at speed. The magnum set is smaller has less adjustments and is not spring loaded. both have toe second tie rod, this balances out your steering system having both sides of the steering system share the work and there is also redundancy as well as the ability to actually set your nozzles in place allowing you to put in a slight tow in at the leading edges of the fins and square them with the rudder. Something you just became slightly familiar with.

Ok. So better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! Ultimate AK with mega fangs +. I will order tonight or tomorrow. I should be able to get them by the 10th shouldn't I?

Probably the first, I use priority mail

Huh!
My bad, I thought @Scottie and @OrangeTJ were joking...

--

Ha. Well jokes on me then, because mine definitely does it. I liked it better when it was a "safety feature" because then I didn't have to fix it. o_O

Back