• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Upgrade for 212 Limited S?

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the 212s have two batteries? Is a 3rd needed?

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Comes with 2 I haven’t had a need for a third yet been out all day with our set up and haven’t ever drained the house

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here. I always turn off the start battery if I am going to be anchored for awhile just in case, but even after 3-4 hours of heavy 2 amp and a powered sub worth of use, the house battery is not even half way down. I have it on a charger when back in the slip... When I remember to plug it in! :)

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Comes with 2 I haven’t had a need for a third yet been out all day with our set up and haven’t ever drained the house
Are you running the stock stereo? What speakers does the stock setup have? Haven't picked ours up yet but doing 2 Rev 10's and a 10" sub, unsure if ill need to upgrade the factory 6 speakers or not?

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2018 212 Limited S. I kept the stock Polk speakers but I have a dedicated amp powering them. They sound pretty good. I have four 8" tower speakers powered by another Amp and then a wet sound 6" powered Sub. I would have gone with a larger sub but the placement is pretty limited unless you make some serious modifications. Where will you put your 10"sub?

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2018 212 Limited S. I kept the stock Polk speakers but I have a dedicated amp powering them. They sound pretty good. I have four 8" tower speakers powered by another Amp and then a wet sound 6" powered Sub. I would have gone with a larger sub but the placement is pretty limited unless you make some serious modifications. Where will you put your 10"sub?
Probably here and maybe a second on the port side. Or I could run them under the rear seats.

Attachments

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. Because my sub is powered its in a dedicated box so I didnt have as many options.... Yours should sound great.

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What speakers come in the 212s? Are they decent enough to add an amp to?

Mattdog501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine came with Polk 6 1/2s I believe. I added a dedicated amp just for the stock speakers and I think they sound pretty good. Depends on what your looking to do.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What speakers come in the 212s? Are they decent enough to add an amp to?
If I'm not mistaken, the 2019 and 2020 212(s) have 6.5" Polk DB652 black colour scheme in the bow and cockpit. The rear swim platform speakers are probably Polk DB522 5.25" units. The 2018 had DB651 I believe with a silver/gold colour scheme.

The Polk speakers are actually pretty good, rated at 100w each, so a good quality amp like a Wetsounds HTX-6 or JLAudio M600/6 should make all six of them pump pretty good. Depending on your tastes, a sub can be added if you want. But if you just want decent sounding music to listen to while cruising around, an amp may be all you need.

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did you end up doing? Any pics? About to pull the trigger on a 212s myself!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you running the stock stereo? What speakers does the stock setup have? Haven't picked ours up yet but doing 2 Rev 10's and a 10" sub, unsure if ill need to upgrade the factory 6 speakers or not?
No I upgraded the stereo. I’m running an amp dedicated to the stock 6 Polk speakers, an amp running a wetsounds sound bar and an amp running a 10” Polk sub I installed on passenger side. All have run all day on the single house battery without draining too low. I do have a dual bank charger I’ll plug them in when on the trailer and in the garage. We were on the water for a 3 week lakehouse vacation this year though and never plugged the charger in the entire time the boat was in the water and battery performed fine.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So after 6 years with my SX210 I bought a new 212 Limited S sooo....its time to start the upgrade process all over again. I tried using the search feature but can’t seem to find any build threads for stereo upgrades. Looking for advice on what equipment everybody is using, and mounting locations. Looking to do it in phases. Probably start with a 6 channel amp, possibly adding sub at same time. Then upgrading speakers. Then adding second amp and tower speakers.

Thanks in advance!
I just got 6 new JL speakers to replace my stock Polk. I'm adding a JL amp as well. Where did you mount your amp? Where did you run the wires? Do you have pictures? TIA

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No I upgraded the stereo. I’m running an amp dedicated to the stock 6 Polk speakers, an amp running a wetsounds sound bar and an amp running a 10” Polk sub I installed on passenger side. All have run all day on the single house battery without draining too low. I do have a dual bank charger I’ll plug them in when on the trailer and in the garage. We were on the water for a 3 week lakehouse vacation this year though and never plugged the charger in the entire time the boat was in the water and battery performed fine.
Did you re-wire your original speakers? Also if you used a dedicated amp for the 6 factory boat speakers what did you go with?