• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stern stereo controls

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I assume these volume controls affect different zones, but they aren't labeled. Haven't done any experiments yet. Anyone know what is what?

Nothing in the manual. Just says to reference the stereo manual, which didn't come with the boat (252SD).
EC229EAA-AFAC-4A51-BF42-725AABC1A6F9.jpeg

Following... I’m literally “in the same boat”

Lol, I thought i was the only one with a missing "Stereo Manual" when it calls to reference it in the owners manual. Mine only has two zones so it's the two volume buttons facing the bow of the boat. Top one controls the front zone and bottom one controls the rear zone.

Is this the first factory audio system that can be easily upgraded add more amps and speakers to the stock system ? The head unit may have a bunch of rca outputs ready for hook up . At least they eliminated the knob that corrodes from water submersion .

I won't have my Yamaha brought home until this weekend, but this looks like a good thread to follow.

WTAF - that looks like four zones?? Come on Yamaha...

Looking for this too. Ridiculous Yam Owners Manual references you to another manual that they DONT include.
I'd love to upgrade the rear deck, but I don't think that is something possible without ditching the audio system in the Connext.

Looking for this too. Ridiculous Yam Owners Manual references you to another manual that they DONT include.
I'd love to upgrade the rear deck, but I don't think that is something possible without ditching the audio system in the Connext.

I'm guessing Yamaha made some rash decisions on hardware due to supply chain issues. Not including a damn manual reeks of last minute decision making.

Do you have RCA's or snipped RCA's behind your connext?

On mine the RCA's are coming directly from the Connext going to the Amp. Haven't really taken a closer look but it differs from previous years from what I could tell. The unit on the stern of the boat doesnt seem to be the headunit as in years past, its now built into the Connext.

Hopefully when the service manual comes out or the "stereo manual" comes out we will know more.

It could be a separate box Like this near the connext or somewhere and hopefully for the audiophiles has a bunch of RCA connectors not used

I was even trying to search images and identify the remote and out of the 50 or more posted nothing looks like whats on the new boat and it has no brand stamp ?

Thursday, March 11, 2021.jpg

It could be a separate box Like this near the connext or somewhere and hopefully for the audiophiles has a bunch of RCA connectors not used

I was even trying to search images and identify the remote and out of the 50 or more posted nothing looks like whats on the new boat and it has no brand stamp ?

View attachment 144071

Maybe call your dealership and ask them to look that part up in their system, see if it has a make/brand associated with it?

There is another thread on here from around December where people were discussing this. The consensus IIRC from there was that there is no head unit. The connext is the unit. Assuming that's true, and based on that prior thread it sure seemed to be, the best chance would be if there is at least 1 useable *standard* RCA output coming off the thing. With at least that, assuming it's pre any DSP shenanigans, you can build out anything you want.

That's what I am hoping to find out when I pick mine up this weekend.

There is another thread on here from around December where people were discussing this. The consensus IIRC from there was that there is no head unit. The connext is the unit. Assuming that's true, and based on that prior thread it sure seemed to be, the best chance would be if there is at least 1 useable *standard* RCA output coming off the thing. With at least that, assuming it's pre any DSP shenanigans, you can build out anything you want.

That's what I am hoping to find out when I pick mine up this weekend.

That is what I saw on mine, one set of RCA's from the connext and then connected to the AMP. The usual spiderweb of cabling coming off the amps to the speakers etc.. but only saw one set of RCA's. Honestly, haven't looked at it closer than that at the moment since i'm fine with the way it sounds, for now, lol.

Picked up ours last night and took a look in there today. The set of RCAs actually goes to the aux input. There is also a USB input. But no RCA outputs.

I figured out what the controls do. Left side +/- is master volume.

On the right side: upper left is bow and center speakers. Upper right is stern speakers. Lower right is sub. Lower left does nothing as far as I can tell.

So weird that you can't control each of these from Connext. And weird that they don't separate bow and center.

You can control each of the 3 zones from connext individually too. By tapping a zone on the screen, the volume control for that zone can be adjusted.

Lower left is for tower, if you have factory tower speakers.

Back