• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Enovation Marine Stereo

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I've been comparing the various features on the 2021 models and have noticed that the higher end 21' and the 25' have the marine stereo listed as Enovation. I've checked out the interwebs and have not been able to locate any info on it. Any insight on this brand?

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah my Jensen is ok, but I want something xm ready!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think @shnknapp has made an interesting discovery here. It looks like Yamaha has moved to a "headless" radio in their boats on the premium models. As he said, "Enovation" is listed as the radio for the 212SE & SD and all the 25' boats. If you look at what pictures you can find none of these boats has a head unit at the helm, or on the transom. At least some have a screenless plastic controller on the transom (don't see this on SX250 or AR250, really!):

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 2.23.08 PM.png
(from Boating Mag YouTube Video)

Enovation Controls is a company that makes displays and controllers, sure looks like they make the Connext screens. So my guess is that Yamaha is referring to Enovation as the user interface to access/control the hidden tuner/amp, which hopefully isn't a POS. It will be interesting to see if this makes it easier or more difficult to upgrade the audio in Yamaha boats.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I think @shnknapp has made an interesting discovery here. It looks like Yamaha has moved to a "headless" radio in their boats on the premium models. As he said, "Enovation" is listed as the radio for the 212SE & SD and all the 25' boats. If you look at what pictures you can find none of these boats has a head unit at the helm, or on the transom. At least some have a screenless plastic controller on the transom (don't see this on SX250 or AR250, really!):

View attachment 133172
(from Boating Mag YouTube Video)

Enovation Controls is a company that makes displays and controllers, sure looks like they make the Connext screens. So my guess is that Yamaha is referring to Enovation as the user interface to access/control the hidden tuner/amp, which hopefully isn't a POS. It will be interesting to see if this makes it easier or more difficult to upgrade the audio in Yamaha boats.
@TimW451 I did a bit more research and came across a PDF from Enovation Controls and you are correct, the common head unit appears to be a thing of the past. After looking at the PDF, it appears that a separate controller (the brain) is located on the boat and that the Connext screen and the transom controller simply act as a user interface. See page 7 - 12 for various technical info and diagrams.

Enovation Manual

If the boats are now setup like the diagram, this may make upgrades a little easier. I've sent an email to my contact at River Valley to see if he has any more info.

Last edited:

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It will not make it any easier. In that diagram it shows RCA outs but the ends will still be OEM style plug (TE Connectivity 776273-1) to connect to the WetSounds amp. It is not hard to make a adapter. You just need a (AMP 1-776262-2) and a set of RCAs.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
It will not make it any easier. In that diagram it shows RCA outs but the ends will still be OEM style plug (TE Connectivity 776273-1) to connect to the WetSounds amp. It is not hard to make a adapter. You just need a (AMP 1-776262-2) and a set of RCAs.
Thanks for the info on the adapters, I guess what I really meant is that depending on the location of the control unit, upgrade may be easier if one elected to use the factory stereo speakers.

Still trying to learn how to read the schematics, but based off the pinout description, am I correct to assume they have elected to wire each speaker independently now?

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@shnknapp Good find on the manual!
@jacoviii I was thinking it could make swapping in a new amp easier, boat is already wired. At least it won't stop that from happening. I was concerned that the tuner would not have RCA outs or otherwise be weird like factory car audio that is Bose, etc.

I was ready to buy the Garmin/Fusion headless Bluetooth setup, but since it is EOL I did not. I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit this to my boat? (If only I weren't that frugal.)

TwinScrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
Found this on YouTube....... @2:35 mark. Recognize this?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Okay so I stumbled upon this thread. My 2021 212SE has this setup. I am frustrated that I cannot adjust anything with EQ. Treble, bass, etc are all not adjustable and the stereo sounds very basic and simple. Anyone have recommendations for me so I can get more crisp sound with bass. Maybe swap the amp out and install better speakers?

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Okay so I stumbled upon this thread. My 2021 212SE has this setup. I am frustrated that I cannot adjust anything with EQ. Treble, bass, etc are all not adjustable and the stereo sounds very basic and simple. Anyone have recommendations for me so I can get more crisp sound with bass. Maybe swap the amp out and install better speakers?
I haven't received my boat yet and don't know if we will get it before the season ends....Couple of questions though:

Do you have access to a screen for adjusting the EQ? I saw someone on the a Facebook Yamaha page having an issue getting to the EQ option. Manual says it is accessible but no option. If that is the case, sounds like a software issue.

Can you confirm that it does have an amp installed from the factory? If so, do you know the location?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi there! Yes the amp is under the helm. Super easy to access and change out if needed or rewire. The manual shows the EQ is accessible for some models. The option would be under settings. For our boat though the option is not there. Really sucks, but more the reason to switch things out for the better.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Hi there! Yes the amp is under the helm. Super easy to access and change out if needed or rewire. The manual shows the EQ is accessible for some models. The option would be under settings. For our boat though the option is not there. Really sucks, but more the reason to switch things out for the better.
I just got off the phone with Yamaha customer service and they are checking into this issue for me. Explained that it's crazy that Yamaha decided to add an amp in the 212 model but remove something as simple as EQ adjustments. Hoping it's a software issue as it's asinine to need to add new head unit simply to have the ability to adjust EQ settings. Will update when I hear back from Yamaha.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any luck on an answer from them?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yes i want to know as well. My 275sd has no sounds controls for the stereo. No eq, bass, treble, etc. the 2020 manual shows a settings page with all these adjustments but the 2021 manual does not. No settings whatsoever. I have never seen a stereo in my life not have these simple adjustments

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I had a missed call from a Georgia area code (damn dentist appointment) but no message was left. I'm going to try calling Yamaha again tomorrow.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with Yamaha and Matt, the CSR I spoke with said, that adjusting the equalizer functions is not an option. He said that he as spoken to other costumers that are not happy about this issue and has let his superiors know. I likened it to buying a Denali and realizing it doesn't have power windows while the base model does. I haven't received my boat yet and I explained that I may actually cancel my order and go down to the 212S or a different brand as it seems asinine to take that functionality away. Before I take delivery, I will spend some time with it and see if it's something I can live with as this isn't as simple as just switching out a head unit.

My only other thought is that if enough people complain, they may put out a software update. From what I have seen, the Ennovation system can be flashed with a thumb drive. If anyone else would like to call, here is the number I used; 800-962-7926, Press 6, and Press 1 after that.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Im not sure how the stereo will sound in the other boats. Mine in the 275 does sound good since its 6 speakers plus the subwoofer. i can live with it BUT your right it doesnt make sense. It appears the ennovation system has all these functions built in but the connext software doesnt let you access that function

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you for calling and reporting back. That isn’t the news I was hoping they would give us. Darn. I did see there is a dongle on the back of the unit that is USB so maybe we can flash these things.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Thank you for calling and reporting back. That isn’t the news I was hoping they would give us. Darn. I did see there is a dongle on the back of the unit that is USB so maybe we can flash these things.
You're welcome. I'm hoping for the same. Hopefully enough people complain and the put out a file we can flash ourself or at least bring it in for a quick update.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah, might just be a software issue with the Connext and Enovation systems - most can be upgraded with a USB drive. I'm guessing when they changed systems, they didn't account for the software communication and it was left out. Or Yamaha had a lot of complaints about blown systems and took out the EQ function so owners couldn't crank up the bass to 11 and blow the system. That seems to be what they did with the older Wetsounds systems - de-tune the amps so owners don't blow it apart.

Does the amp have 6-channel output for all speakers or just four?