• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Enovation Marine Stereo

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Update on this: I was playing around with the controller on the swim deck and was able activate the “sub” zone on the connext screen. What I take from this is that there may be a connection on that controller for the sub like previous model years. Not sure yet but getting closer.

shagy30

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2021 AR250. I have the same system with the factory wetsounds amp, no equalizer and two "zones". I found this thread and after reading i decided to do some digging around the boat. I took a look under the helm and traced the wires from the amp. I saw that they go up to where the screen is mounted. From the info that I gathered in this thread I thought that the "black box" might be in the screen mount area. I took the screen out and discovered that there is no "black box" and that the harness connects directly into the back of the screen. All of the sound control happens from the screen and it is completely integrated. There are 4 sets of wires coming out from the screen and going to the amp. The 4 speakers that are on the inside of the boat are bridged together and the swim deck is separate. These are the two "zones". This leads me to believe that each zone is a separate channel. There are no other speaker wires in that harness since my boat is only equipped with two zones. I assume boats that are equipped with the higher end sound system have more wires in the harness.

All of that being said, in theory, if you knew the pin out from the screen, you could add wires to the harness and plug it in to gain access to the other zones. The reason I say in theory is because if you do that you would only be able to control the volume to the other zones from the swim deck controller. This is because the screen is not programmed to give the ability to select the other zones. Only the ones that the boat came with from the factory.

As for adding tower speakers you would have to use one of the zones that is already programmed in the screen. Or figure out the pin out of the screen add the wires and just use the swim deck controller to adjust the volume.

To upgrade the amp you can make an adapter or splice into the existing wiring. I of course recommend making an adapter with rcas.

Has anyone heard of an update to unlock the equalizer? Maybe by doing that you could unlock the zone selection to access all of the zones.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let you all know my findings in case this helps anyone. I am not a professional by any means so if I made any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 2021 AR250. I have the same system with the factory wetsounds amp, no equalizer and two "zones". I found this thread and after reading i decided to do some digging around the boat. I took a look under the helm and traced the wires from the amp. I saw that they go up to where the screen is mounted. From the info that I gathered in this thread I thought that the "black box" might be in the screen mount area. I took the screen out and discovered that there is no "black box" and that the harness connects directly into the back of the screen. All of the sound control happens from the screen and it is completely integrated. There are 4 sets of wires coming out from the screen and going to the amp. The 4 speakers that are on the inside of the boat are bridged together and the swim deck is separate. These are the two "zones". This leads me to believe that each zone is a separate channel. There are no other speaker wires in that harness since my boat is only equipped with two zones. I assume boats that are equipped with the higher end sound system have more wires in the harness.

All of that being said, in theory, if you knew the pin out from the screen, you could add wires to the harness and plug it in to gain access to the other zones. The reason I say in theory is because if you do that you would only be able to control the volume to the other zones from the swim deck controller. This is because the screen is not programmed to give the ability to select the other zones. Only the ones that the boat came with from the factory.

As for adding tower speakers you would have to use one of the zones that is already programmed in the screen. Or figure out the pin out of the screen add the wires and just use the swim deck controller to adjust the volume.

To upgrade the amp you can make an adapter or splice into the existing wiring. I of course recommend making an adapter with rcas.

Has anyone heard of an update to unlock the equalizer? Maybe by doing that you could unlock the zone selection to access all of the zones.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let you all know my findings in case this helps anyone. I am not a professional by any means so if I made any mistakes please feel free to correct me.
shagy30, appreciate your post and investigation. My 252SD went into storage the day after I got it, so I haven’t had a chance to play around with the stereo. I am following this thread in hopes that someone will figure out how to unlock the equalizer.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I read on here that a rep said Yamaha is working on a fix/update for this known issue. I would poke the dealer and see if a firmware update has been released.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length

Thanks for tracing the various wires. My boat is still on the dealer show room until April, so I have not been able to dig into. Hopefully, Yamaha does put an update out and they can upgrade before I pick the boat up.

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Assuming Yamaha doesn’t do a software update, how hard would it be to convert the stereo over to a Fusion head unit? I know jack about marine audio.

shagy30

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Assuming Yamaha doesn’t do a software update, how hard would it be to convert the stereo over to a Fusion head unit? I know jack about marine audio.
I dont think it would be very difficult since the Fusion headunit is a stand alone. You would be by passing the screen and running the entire sound system from the fusion. You would need to find a place for it and cut out hole for the installation. Then its a matter of wiring everything.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Should not me an issue. I would liken it to installing a stereo in a boat that never had a stereo. Power to the head unit and amp and run speakers to the amp. Like @shagy30 said, just need to find a place to put the head unit.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Little update on the stereo situation. I am extremely busy at work and will be through April so I decided to pay an installer to install a sub and new amp. After speaking with him, I learned that the WetSounds amp that is installed is a secondary amp that Yamaha and Wetsounds created that does not have any crossover or level adjustments. Since I'm adding a sub, I needed to either add a second amp or replace the current one with an amp that is capable of handling everything. I've decided to go with the latter and am replacing the HTX-6. goal is to replace the amp and see how it sound and if any adjustments can be made. If not, we will add an equalizer and place it in the cubby behind the throttles. Since they are installing the sub under that cubby, the install should be fairly easy. Will let you know how things turn out.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We severed our sound system from CONNEXT completely. Removed all stock stereo equipment to include the fusion head unit and replaced it with the Wetsounds MC1 head unit. The head unit uses a separate "Black Box" as it's brain so the head unit itself can be mounted anywhere with just a small hole to route the one wire behind it. Our's is mounted right below the throttles.tempImageTq6Toe.png

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You will need the unit you see on the bottom in order to upgrade i used it onnmy 252, the one i bought is a 2 channel unit. You will to split 2 speaker wires and connect to the audio contrller and it will convert to rca. And no the 252 series dont have an actual head unit its the conext.

20210205_155134.jpg

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
You will need the unit you see on the bottom in order to upgrade i used it onnmy 252, the one i bought is a 2 channel unit. You will to split 2 speaker wires and connect to the audio contrller and it will convert to rca. And no the 252 series dont have an actual head unit its the conext.

View attachment 142255
Assuming the equalizer on the top left is what you had to use to get around the inability to adjust settings through Connext?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would go the new head unit route over the LC2i, but I can understand keeping everything in the connext.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I have two zones on my 21 212SE. Main cabin and swim step.
Do you know which controls on the swim platform control those zones? There are 4 volume zones on the rear deck. Upper left and right, lower left and right. (Assuming the SD is the same as the SE)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Okay so I stumbled upon this thread. My 2021 212SE has this setup. I am frustrated that I cannot adjust anything with EQ. Treble, bass, etc are all not adjustable and the stereo sounds very basic and simple. Anyone have recommendations for me so I can get more crisp sound with bass. Maybe swap the amp out and install better speakers?
I have the same boat. Go to page 63 in your owners manual and it shows you how to access the EQ.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I have the same boat. Go to page 63 in your owners manual and it shows you how to access the EQ.
Have you been able to actually access the EQ? For @PatrickKolby and myself, the option is there but you are unable to access it. Wondering if your boat was manufactured at a later date and they added a software upgrade.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Have you been able to actually access the EQ? For @PatrickKolby and myself, the option is there but you are unable to access it. Wondering if your boat was manufactured at a later date and they added a software upgrade.
Haven’t tried it yet....Just found it in my owners manual. My boat was built in late 2020.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Okay so I stumbled upon this thread. My 2021 212SE has this setup. I am frustrated that I cannot adjust anything with EQ. Treble, bass, etc are all not adjustable and the stereo sounds very basic and simple. Anyone have recommendations for me so I can get more crisp sound with bass. Maybe swap the amp out and install better speakers?
I also have a 2021 212SE, and there are instructions in the owners manual on how to adjust the sounds and access the EQ. I haven’t tried it, but it exists in the manual. Give it a shot and let me know!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Did you try to access the EQ from the instructions in the owners manual? I haven’t tried it yet, but the info is in there. If they put it in the manual you would think you could adjust it. Haven’t tried it myself. The info is on page 63 if I remember correctly. I have a 2021 212SE owners manual.