• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Enovation Marine Stereo

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes. The EQ settings do not exists even though mentioned in the manual. This has been previously discussed.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
On the 275 series in the 2020 manual it shows the eq settings but i guess when they switched to ennovation for 2021, the eq is missing from the manual.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I sent a request to Enovation to see if their Tech Team can provide more details.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I just want to know how to update the nav maps in the enovation unit. No one really has an answer. Even yamaha. Prob have to find out from enovation directly. How did you contact their tech team? Call or email? Can you share that info?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I just want to know how to update the nav maps in the enovation unit. No one really has an answer. Even yamaha. Prob have to find out from enovation directly. How did you contact their tech team? Call or email? Can you share that info?
I just found this as well

Last edited:

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
A little update for everyone. I had the sub and the amp installed today and after speaking to the owner/installer here is what I learned.

1. The 2021 audio on the higher end boats is a collaboration between WetSound/Yamaha/Ennovation
2. The Connext system is not just an interface but the "brain" of the audio system.
3. The stern control runs directly to the Connext screen.
4. There is not a separate black box. Connext screen output runs straight to the WetSound in amp
5. The WetSounds amp is an "inhouse" Yamaha model with no ability to adjust output.
6. Unless Yamaha puts out an update, the equalizer option will not be available through the Connext screen.

Now on to the good stuff

We decided to leave the stock Recon speakers and add the WetSounds HTX-6 amp and REVO 10" FA SW sub. Since you can't adjust the settings via Connext, all settings were adjusted at the amp and it sounds great. I also had a separate Sub control installed in the cubby behind the throttles. With it set at a 1/4 turn, the balance is perfect. With it all the way turned up, you could hear rattling through boat.

And yes, I did pay for the installation of the equipment. I'm sure I could have done it myself but the boat is in storage and I frankly just want to enjoy the boat once the weather turns nice.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
A little update for everyone. I had the sub and the amp installed today and after speaking to the owner/installer here is what I learned.

1. The 2021 audio on the higher end boats is a collaboration between WetSound/Yamaha/Ennovation
2. The Connext system is not just an interface but the "brain" of the audio system.
4. There is not a separate black box. Connext screen output runs straight to the WetSound in amp
5. The WetSounds amp is an "inhouse" Yamaha model with no ability to adjust output.
6. Unless Yamaha puts out an update, the equalizer option will not be available through the Connext screen.

Now on to the good stuff

We decided to leave the stock Recon speakers and add the WetSounds HTX-6 amp and REVO 10" FA SW sub. Since you can't adjust the settings via Connext, all settings were adjusted at the amp and it sounds great. I also had a separate Sub control installed in the cubby behind the throttles. With it set at a 1/4 turn, the balance is perfect. With it all the way turned up, you could hear rattling through boat.

And yes, I did pay for the installation of the equipment. I'm sure I could have done it myself but the boat is in storage and I frankly just want to enjoy the boat once the weather turns nice.
What year and model is your boat?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
2021 212SD
Nice...I ended up with the 212SE...was told SD sold out. Didn’t want to wait until next year. I think the stereo sounds pretty good as is. But I may swap out the amp, I think the speakers can handle more power.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Where did they mount the sub?
I wanted to be able to utiize the storage space throughout the boat so I decided on the starboard side next to the captain's seat. Missing the grill as it had a small crack so WetSounds is sending out a replacement.

You can see the sub adjustment and the toggle switch for the LED cupholder lights in the cubby.

IMG_2350-preview.JPGIMG_2351-preview.JPG

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
awesome

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I finally got my 252 and took a few minutes to look at the amp. Everything said above is correct. It is also a HTX6. The amp does have DSP control but it is a pinned connector. I will reach out to WetSounds about this.

The amp is 6 channels with 6 inputs, which makes sense why we only have 3 zones to control (inside,sub,rear) It is probably safe to assume the 4 interior speakers are wired in parallel to 2 ohm to ch1& 2, while the rears are straight to the amp for 3 & 4 @ 4 ohms while the sub is bridged on 5&6 @ 2 ohms.

All pin outs are labeled by channel on the amp, and wiring is industry standard. I assume it is a low-level signal in.

when I get some time I will confirm and test my assumptions. In either case, this will be very easy to tie a new stereo into.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I finally got my 252 and took a few minutes to look at the amp. Everything said above is correct. It is also a HTX6. The amp does have DSP control but it is a pinned connector. I will reach out to WetSounds about this.

The amp is 6 channels with 6 inputs, which makes sense why we only have 3 zones to control (inside,sub,rear) It is probably safe to assume the 4 interior speakers are wired in parallel to 2 ohm to ch1& 2, while the rears are straight to the amp for 3 & 4 @ 4 ohms while the sub is bridged on 5&6 @ 2 ohms.

All pin outs are labeled by channel on the amp, and wiring is industry standard. I assume it is a low-level signal in.

when I get some time I will confirm and test my assumptions. In either case, this will be very easy to tie a new stereo into.
So my 212SE also has a HTX6 but only 2 zones are connected? I haven't looked yet, but will verify later that I have 3 capable zones. Hopefully I can add a sub easily.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Now on to the good stuff

So, what amp came in the boat? I misunderstood. The HTX-6 is an upgrade? Thanks for sharing this information. I would like to upgrade the amp and add a sub like you did. Great set-up. Did the dealer do the install for you?

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
So, what amp came in the boat? I misunderstood. The HTX-6 is an upgrade? Thanks for sharing this information. I would like to upgrade the amp and add a sub like you did. Great set-up. Did the dealer do the install for you?
The amp that came with the boat is a modified WetSounds HTX-4. In theory a Sub could have been added but it would have been a hack job which would have combined the Two zones (in boat and swim deck) into one zone to allow the sub to be integrated. This is why I went with the HTX-6 along with ability to adjust the settings while also still allowing me to add tower speakers if I choose.

I had a shop take care of the amp and sub for me. I've done these upgrades with vehicles before but I was bit uneasy cutting into a 60k boat so I hired it out. For me the $450 I paid in labor is worth easing my mind while also letting me enjoy the boat once I get it out.

@adrianp89 has a 252 which includes a sub which is why it has HTX-6. Not owning the boat, I'm not sure if the settings can by bypassed through the amp.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The amp that came with the boat is a modified WetSounds HTX-4. In theory a Sub could have been added but it would have been a hack job which would have combined the Two zones (in boat and swim deck) into one zone to allow the sub to be integrated. This is why I went with the HTX-6 along with ability to adjust the settings while also still allowing me to add tower speakers if I choose.

I had a shop take care of the amp and sub for me. I've done these upgrades with vehicles before but I was bit uneasy cutting into a 60k boat so I hired it out. For me the $450 I paid in labor is worth easing my mind while also letting me enjoy the boat once I get it out.

@adrianp89 has a 252 which includes a sub which is why it has HTX-6. Not owning the boat, I'm not sure if the settings can by bypassed through the amp.
Thank you for the information. I think this is the way I'm going to go. I understand about not cutting into the boat. I don't even want to drill holes for my SiriusXm antenna! Still working on an alternative. Thanks again!