• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Enovation Marine Stereo

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Prkilgore Has confirmed on the XD - there is a fourth "Tower" zone.

This means in theory, you could pin the harness behind the Connext and flash the stereo to control it.

Probably will need a Yamaha tech to figure this one out. Between getting the wiring diagram for the fourth zone and what needs to be done to flash it.

Last edited:

German59731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Someone may have mentioned this before since its not exactly rocket science but i was messing around with my stereo yesterday which is the enovation connext. While there isnt a dedicated eq for 2021 models, you can control the sub level through the zone controls. My sub is on a separate zone so i can turn that up and or the other zones down to make the sub level higher or a better balance. Still would like an eq but in the end all i really need is to be able to have that sub level control. With that the stereo sounds pretty good...in the 275 atleast.
I did this as well. Jacked the sub volume all the way up and dropped the swim deck and inside. I ended up with a pretty good balance. I want to add tower speakers but keep the same set up. I’m quite sure it’s a programming issues because the lower left level buttons on the swim deck remote bring up a “tower” zone on the screen. It makes me wonder if the wiring is already in the tower and speakers just need to be added. Does anyone know?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I did this as well. Jacked the sub volume all the way up and dropped the swim deck and inside. I ended up with a pretty good balance. I want to add tower speakers but keep the same set up. I’m quite sure it’s a programming issues because the lower left level buttons on the swim deck remote bring up a “tower” zone on the screen. It makes me wonder if the wiring is already in the tower and speakers just need to be added. Does anyone know?
I didn't know that it brought up "Tower". That is interesting!

I do not think it is pinned........however you might be able to test with a meter and play with the volume from that controller to determine what pins have provide the signal.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I tested on mine and those buttons do not bring up a tower zone.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I tested on mine and those buttons do not bring up a tower zone.
They bring up the word tower on my connext screen when I have the zone control page showing, but it does not highlight the tower like it does for the other zones. I’ll get a picture next time out. Like you said though, it is not pinned and likely not providing a signal in our software configurations.

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Is there any way to split the RCA out on the enovation unit? We have the stock HTX-4, looking to add the wet sounds stealth AS-10 subwoofer (comes with integrated amp). So we wouldn’t have to connect to the HTX-4, we just need an RCA signal and power.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is there any way to split the RCA out on the enovation unit? We have the stock HTX-4, looking to add the wet sounds stealth AS-10 subwoofer (comes with integrated amp). So we wouldn’t have to connect to the HTX-4, we just need an RCA signal and power.
you will need to use a pair of wire speakers 1 zone to do this. I used an LC2 to add jl amps i removed the stock ampp

Attachments

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
you will need to use a pair of wire speakers 1 zone to do this. I used an LC2 to add jl amps i removed the stock ampp
Thanks, I was hoping to keep the stock amp. This is the back of the enovation unit. Highlighted are the RCA out. I’m thinking I could add a T-connector to one of the RCA out channels to split the signal? Since the sub has its own amp.

1633734373642.jpeg

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks, I was hoping to keep the stock amp. This is the back of the enovation unit. Highlighted are the RCA out. I’m thinking I could add a T-connector to one of the RCA out channels to split the signal? Since the sub has its own amp.

View attachment 164954
i wouldnt know, finally i just did away with inovation and installed fusion small head unit and ethernet remote, way crispier sound

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok so we traded the '18 242x that we did a ton of up grades to. Now on to the '22 255xd. So my plan is to also cut out the (inovation/ICE/Conext) audio and install a Fusion but win have on screen display via a Simrad or Garmin fish finder.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so we traded the '18 242x that we did a ton of up grades to. Now on to the '22 255xd. So my plan is to also cut out the (inovation/ICE/Conext) audio and install a Fusion but win have on screen display via a Simrad or Garmin fish finder.
This sounds interesting, cant wait to see what you come up with. I like what @jocolo21 did on his with the Fusion also.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Found this on YouTube....... @2:35 mark. Recognize this?
Thanks for sharing! At least we know they have been making these displays for over 20 years, so that's a good thing.

gmeyers5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
hello everyone. We have a 2022 AR250 with the enovation connext system. I replaced the stock amp with an EQ and two amps. However, the connext only works a) if the system is turned in with one input connected. You can then plug in the others or b) if you unplug the connector on the back of the connext, power cycle, and plug in the connector after the connext boots up.
Any ideas why?

I also noticed that the output power from the connext is <1V. That’s pretty low. The old amp would be close 2V since it was rated at 25W per channel.

all input welcome… thanks in advance. I was ready to go with a new head unit until I found this thread.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
so the signal wires that go in to the stock amp go to this(LC2i) then your EQ, then new amps

Last edited:

gmeyers5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I'm still at a loss as to why the connext works with this AMP but not the new amps I installed. I can trick it by starting with only one input connected or by booting up with the main connector disconnected and plugging it in after the Connext is booted up. I have an LC1 arriving tomorrow to try.

JinOK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the EQ you are using support differential audio? The output from the display is supposed to be differential, and you could be putting the unit into protect.

gmeyers5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thanks. I'm using this one from SKAR.

It is very strange. The output is <1v from the display. If you start with no inputs connected after a power cycle, it will work. If you start with one input connected, it will work. If you start with the main connector off and connect it at once, it works. All other ways, you get a little static and that's it. I'm trying an LC1 tomorrow. If that fails, I'll be looking for a head unit that will work with the stern remote over CAN.