• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stops Along the Potomac River

YamahaziPilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I wanted to stat a thread to see how many jetboaters we have on this forum from the DMV area that use the potomac pretty often. I wanted to see where people like to stop along the potomac river and what restaurants, marinas, and just general all around fun places you guys like to stop. I personally like going to the Navy Yard, Tims, and Mattowoman and I launch out of Pohick Bay because that is where my boat is stored. Interested in seeing where other people often go.

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Live in the St. Petersburg, FL area now but grew up boating that area. Tim's and Tim's 2 are favorites for sure and have always had a great summer and fall events list. I miss the Tim's poker run, those were great boating days!!

mbtodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I launch out of Pohick Bay also. Love that Bay, perfect for swimming and pulling tubes. Aside from Tim's and the Naval Yard, there's the Georgetown Waterfront and of course the Wharf/Waterfront.

Occoquan has a few bars that i haven't tried yet. Old Alexandria has the best sushi bar in the DMV area called Momo in my opinion of course and if you eat sushi. So, I'm basically no help.
But as I explore I'll post my experiences. We've been eating lunch on the boat but i'm not a fan of that because of Cheetos hands and general grunge.

I'm in Pohick Bay most weekends, i'm sure i've seen you. There's 2 other members that I see on the regular.

YamahaziPilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I launch out of Pohick Bay also. Love that Bay, perfect for swimming and pulling tubes. Aside from Tim's and the Naval Yard, there's the Georgetown Waterfront and of course the Wharf/Waterfront.

Occoquan has a few bars that i haven't tried yet. Old Alexandria has the best sushi bar in the DMV area called Momo in my opinion of course and if you eat sushi. So, I'm basically no help.
But as I explore I'll post my experiences. We've been eating lunch on the boat but i'm not a fan of that because of Cheetos hands and general grunge.

I'm in Pohick Bay most weekends, i'm sure i've seen you. There's 2 other members that I see on the regular.
My wife, brother in law and I have visited Occoquan (not on the boat) a lot and there are good spots. (we have a friend that lives down there) Im not much for Georgetown because of the the larger yachts that crowd the docks but love the navy yard for the ease of getting in and out. I was going to try taking a trip further south on the Potomac one day because there are some spots down by the 301 bridge down there, also I like to fish lol. I think my wife and I have been to that sushi spot in old town. If you live around the area you should try Kana Sushi in Springfield, in my personal opinion this is the best I have had by far. We have been doing a lot of eating on the boat as well because of Covid and just the general uncertainty of whats open and if its going to be limited to get into places. I have got to agree that Cheeto fingers aren't good for the interior lol. Do you store your boat at Pohick? Small world on these forums lol.

YamahaziPilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Live in the St. Petersburg, FL area now but grew up boating that area. Tim's and Tim's 2 are favorites for sure and have always had a great summer and fall events list. I miss the Tim's poker run, those were great boating days!!
I hounestly didnt know they had a poker run. I just looked it up and they are having a jet ski one soon. Gonna have to keep an eye out for a boat poker run.

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hounestly didnt know they had a poker run. I just looked it up and they are having a jet ski one soon. Gonna have to keep an eye out for a boat poker run.
Unfortunately, i think the boat poker run died out about 4 years ago. Participation had dropped off significantly. But the jet ski run is a fun one to do as well.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lived in Woodbridge and launched out of Leesylvania State Park. Ricks on the River, Gillligan’s pier, Belmont Bay and Georgetown Waterfront were my favorite. I always wanted to make it to Port Tobacco, but never made it there.

mbtodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will definitely try Kana. Always looking for good sushi.
I trailer my boat and store it in Sterling on a friends property. It's 10 mins from our home which is convenient for cleaning and prep. 45 mins from Pohick Bay, just a little inconvenient but I'm used to it now.

Just got back from a 2 day trip in the Baltimore Inner Harbor last night. Trailered the boat there and docked in the marina over night with the yachts. Smallest boat there but was treated like it was a million dollar boat. Ate dinner in the harbor then boated to Annapolis the next day . An amazing time on the water.

Downside about the Inner Harbor is there's a ton of trash in the water. The impeller got jammed twice, had to spend 30 mins getting it cleared.

PaulyB, thanks for those spots. Belmont bay might get a visit next weekend

YamahaziPilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will definitely try Kana. Always looking for good sushi.
I trailer my boat and store it in Sterling on a friends property. It's 10 mins from our home which is convenient for cleaning and prep. 45 mins from Pohick Bay, just a little inconvenient but I'm used to it now.

Just got back from a 2 day trip in the Baltimore Inner Harbor last night. Trailered the boat there and docked in the marina over night with the yachts. Smallest boat there but was treated like it was a million dollar boat. Ate dinner in the harbor then boated to Annapolis the next day . An amazing time on the water.

Downside about the Inner Harbor is there's a ton of trash in the water. The impeller got jammed twice, had to spend 30 mins getting it cleared.

PaulyB, thanks for those spots. Belmont bay might get a visit next weekend
I was out yesterday on the Potomac and went up to the nave yard and sucked up a piece of plastic from the construction. Thankfully I keep needle nose lol. That sounds like an awesome trip, I have been wanting to do something like that. The boat I have hasn't been in salt water yet. I am waiting for my new raymarin Axiom DV 7 to come in to install before I venture out like that.