• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sub barker(Woofer)

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dough, you missed my disclaimer of, "no sucking" comments. :) I'm not looking for high volume, I'm just looking for more bass kick. I didn't want to build a box for the woofer and I thought Wet Sounds was a good company. Would building a box for this even if its free air make a difference. I'm sure it will. Any thoughts

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dieselcamel's sounds incredible. No box. I'm sure you'll have no complaints. I would've went the same route, but didn't like the price!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dough, you missed my disclaimer of, "no sucking" comments. :) I'm not looking for high volume, I'm just looking for more bass kick. I didn't want to build a box for the woofer and I thought Wet Sounds was a good company. Would building a box for this even if its free air make a difference. I'm sure it will. Any thoughts
Definitely don't want to put it in a box.. It definitely sounds great... But you do sacrifice some with a free air vs a sub in a box.

wschmidt05

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you just want thump, try a 10" bazooka tube connected to your amp. I put one in the port storage compartment aimed at the hull, and it does its job and then some! The compact size still leaves storage room, ran about $120 on Amazon, and no holes to cut (unless you want a vent). I'm not saying it does as good a job as an IB sub, but I have 4 lower and 4 tower speakers to handle the mids and highs. My $.02.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have that WS sub powered by a WS amp. It sounds awesome. You won't be disappointed.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a JL XD 700 amp I'm putting in. I'm leaving the stock speakers, for now and just running the original 4 speakers and the sub. I was thinking of mounting it behind the Captain's seat in the space where the cooler is, I have a 240.

Anyone have a favorite song for when you first get in the boat? I play this one,

Its got a good bass line and I think it says all you need to say about the Yamaha, OH YEA!

Last edited:

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Noko I never realized how bizarre that song is. It will forever be associated with Farris Bueller's Day Off for me.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Noko I never realized how bizarre that song is. It will forever be associated with Farris Bueller's Day Off for me.
True, but it sounds really good when you are just getting into the boat. I

Here how it starts, I have my boat tied up to my dock, its all prepped and I got both motors going, 240. God I love this boat. Just the sound of the engines running. You step in and the boat gives a little, its just you and the lake, no wife, no kids, no tube. Push off from the dock, throttles back just a little, then forward, the lake is like glass, your comb over is in place. You are king, you have sold your soul for a boat, you are slave to a forum, well maybe not.

I do know, that I did get to enjoy my brand new 2014 AR240 on my lake last year. I was by myself sometimes and I don't know what to say other than I had a really good time, life jacket an lanyard are what you have to do, if you ride alone.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have that WS sub powered by a WS amp. It sounds awesome. You won't be disappointed.
Where did you end up mounting your sub? Dealership said best place was under the throttle controls near the floor but I took that with a grain of salt....

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got mine installed yesterday, haven't played around too much with it yet... That's today's fun! But from the short demo I'm very happy with the sub. I'll be posting some pictures today once I get the boat cleaned up!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sub comes with a cut out template... I had mine done at a dealer... I uploaded a picture too so you can see the different grill pattern... If I were to do it again I'd get the one like everyone else here posted. IMG_20150422_151924196_HDR.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's where I was looking to place mine. Got any pics or info on how you did it? I've read other posts so its not that hard, jus wondering how you mapped out and cut the hole.
No I dont - the dealer did my system install.