• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Submerging the Trailer when launching and loading boat

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
am I the only one that puts the trailer in the water and backs the boat off under power?
No many do it that way, same as power loading.

However, where we live power loading is prohibited as the shallow areas are easily disturbed by the wash from the forward thrust that is directed down at the base of the ramp. This applies to all boat drive types, jets and prop. Fishing is very big around here and environmentally protected. Heavy fines and even boat/vehicle confiscation is possible if caught doing it by the wardens. Usually it's a warning first, but after that you risk it all.

My wife and I launch and retrieve our boat by hand - just back it in till the fenders submerge and she almost floats off. My wife has a rope on the bow and stern areas and just walks and pulls it back to the dock. By the time I park and walk back, she's got it tied up with the blowers running ready to fire up and go. Retrieval is nearly the opposite where she helps me walk it on the trailer using the ropes to guide it in, then I just crank it up the last foot or two. We're usually on the trailer twice as fast as the guy beside us trying to power load it in the wind, and I've seen them damage their winch/bow roller or scratch their boat trying to do it. When I mention that power loading is prohibited, they stare at me like a deer in the headlights, and just keep doing it.
:rolleyes:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I usually spray only the front bunks since the hull doesnt touch the rear when loading. My typical routine is to give them a spray when i go get the empty trailer to put the boat on. Bunks have been drying in the sun all day. Mostly dries by the time I hit the ramp. Cam.
That's what I plan to do, snot up the forward bunks only. Current boat is on a roller, but I prefer to go back to bunks for the more even weight distribution.