• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Suction cup, fender straps

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use them and they work great. they hold well. I usually will tie something to them if I am gonna leave the boat, in case the suction cups come loose so my fender don't float away, but more precautionary than necessity. I really like them.

I've used similar and when they work, they work great but sometimes getting a good suction with the curves of the boat is difficult. I trailer so I only use them when docking and I've had too many issues with them falling off while approaching the dock. I've retired mine.

Won't they leave hickeys all over your boat?

I always had an issue with adjusting fenders. I ended up buying these, and they work very well to quickly adjust height and/or swap sides:
http://www.fendergrip.com/fg.html

I'd be concerned with the suction cups coming off due to varying temperature, etc. I guess if you do a good job cleaning up the surface first, it may work well (I've had a suction cup iPhone holder on my boat for the past 2 years non-stop), but if you move your fenders around, then I could see these being an exercise in frustration, especially if you are like me and sometimes forget to pull them in :)

I have a couple of these but only use them for temporary docking. I had them come off on more than one occasion when used while docking overnight. Fortunately I was able to find the fenders floating close by on each time.

Thanks for the input. I want to use there for launching and retrieving only so hopefully they stay on long enough for the quick docking. For tie up and longer docking it sounds like I should not rely on these. I don't have a bow cleat so this will also be helpful for protecting the bow with a fender

I prefer the good old fashioned Fender Tender. They are quick to adjust and don't come off. With all of the hand rails on these boats, there's always a place to clip on to. When coming into my usual slip, I'll use 3 fenders/side. To make things easier for my crew (yes, this took three seasons to figure out), I also use white fenders without clips for the bow rails, blue fenders with clips for the mid-ship, and white fenders with clips on the stern. I've found the color variance is easy for me to also see that the fenders are set properly.

When approaching a new dock, I'll use the fenders set as described above, and then adjust them once docked.

I use the Fender Grips as well. My crew really struggled with putting the fenders on for some reason and the Fender Grips have simplified things for them. The first year that I had the boat I had the Yamaha velcro straps and my crew had a hard time with them and I lost a fender while in a slip over night (my bad for not checking them). I also think the cleat locations on my 242 are way off. I hang my fenders from the grab rail in the front, the back of the tower and i hang a Hull Hugr from the middle of the tower.

I wish I had grab rails although I may also look at using my tower as another point for the mid-fender attachment.

Back