• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Suggestions for HU in the 19’ boats?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I picked that up today at West Marine pretty excited. Won’t be able to hook it up till Friday. :(

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think u will like it.
I think I will too, plus this one is suppose to be designed for iPhones, and iPods, and that is what I am planning on using through the Bluetooth

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh I forgot you need adapter plate unless you're going to make your own because it's smaller in size in a stock stereo Fusion sells one specifically for that model.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll have to check it out. I looked at the dimensions and it looks like the fusion will cover the hole from the plye. Am I missing something?

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is smaller than my stock FSH head unit

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the single din Fusion.....it should fit fine. I think the plate is only needed with the smaller Fusion unit.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll see how it goes this weekend, if need be I’ll order the plate when I get back.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will fit and the faceplate will be the right size. The only issue will be the actual size of the back part. The original unit slides into a rectangular metal retainer and this might need to be screwed in around the edge of the faceplate. This should make sense when you get to installing.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you figured out how to control the volume for Bluetooth from your phone? That is my only gripe so far. This was a very expensive unit to have to go back to the headunit everytime I need to turn it up or down.